Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I donít think this is a good idea

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    That's 90% of stuff you can't teach. Ability and drive.
    technique and tactics can be taught and learned...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Yea, a team leader needs to "xplain" some things to him.
    "Mic Drop" post right there. Way to go rook.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know enough about DJ to say whether this is good or bad.
    If he has a strong sense of self then I don't think it's a big deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think this story tells the whole story.

I believe that they are attending the same training complex. The gym that DJ was working out at, I don't think was AB's personal gym, probably just the gym at the complex. The story makes it seem like the two guys are hanging out and working out together, I don't know if that is truth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone ever criticized AB's work ethic. the guy was non-stop. If that's what he imparts, it's a win. If he sprinkles in doses of 'diva syndrome' - then it's problematic. Ultimately though, in the off season, players can work out wherever and with whomever they choose.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Brown is a limited edition and unpredictable nut job. Brown's nut job status didn't seem to rub off on other Steelers WRs. I doubt Johnson's brain is wired like Brown's. It's more likely that Brown's work ethic will rub off on Johnson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Brown is a limited edition and unpredictable nut job. Brown's nut job status didn't seem to rub off on other Steelers WRs. I doubt Johnson's brain is wired like Brown's. It's more likely that Brown's work ethic will rub off on Johnson.
    Hopefully....

but as you said, he's a nut job. If people think that he's not going to be saying negative things about various individuals in the Steelers organization then your fooling yourselves.
    Sure he's going to teach the kid some techniques; but he's also going to be spouting his poison as well. I'm not saying Johnson is a weak minded kid but I
    also don't want the seeds of decent and diva-ism planted in this kid's head for any down the line crap.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hopefully....

but as you said, he's a nut job. If people think that he's not going to be saying negative things about various individuals in the Steelers organization then your fooling yourselves.
    Sure he's going to teach the kid some techniques; but he's also going to be spouting his poison as well. I'm not saying Johnson is a weak minded kid but I
    also don't want the seeds of decent and diva-ism planted in this kid's head for any down the line crap.
    Brown said things in the media outside of training with other players. Lool at Brown's actions. That being said it wasn't only negative for Brown. Sevaral players said Brown was a good teammate and person. That is when he wasn't in a "nut job" mood. My son was a ball boy for the team in highschool. Brown was his favorite player. At that time.

It will be up to Johnson to decide what type of player and person he wants to become regardless of Brown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Brown said things in the media outside of training with other players. Lool at Brown's actions. That being said it wasn't only negative for Brown. Sevaral players said Brown was a good teammate and person. That is when he wasn't in a "nut job" mood. My son was a ball boy for the team in highschool. Brown was his favorite player. At that time.

It will be up to Johnson to decide what type of player and person he wants to become regardless of Brown.
    Ultimately, your right. But you still don't like negative influences around younger players.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky