Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ben: Throwing Without Pain

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I agree the media is a joke - but does anyone else find it troubling Ben himself said “I don’t typically work out in the off season”?

Most of us work the entire year. Wish I was paid millions to have an ‘off season’ where I could blow off months preparing for the ‘season’.

But who knows? Maybe he’ll have a typical strong September.

Oh wait........
    heh.. don’t we all wish we could get paid millions and have an offseason?

my wife is in education and people get mad because she has summers off.

but now parents are seeing why teachers should make more money... lol.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Hopefully with the addition of D Watt and Wisniewski, we are beefing up our run game.. i figure Ben will be nursed through training camp and the preseason...and our passing game will be sluggish for the first quarter of the season.. hopefully our run game will keep us in games early
    I think we are definitely headed that way. But the more I read about Wisniewski, the more I see he is a backup/fall back option in case of injury. We need to still draft a real starter. I don't think Wisniewski can be a legit starter over the season. He's good as a spot start here and there. Yes he'll get a chance to prove different but I think he is what he is at this point.

I think we go O-line with our first pick and probably add another in the new free agent crop that will come after the draft.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

but now parents are seeing why teachers should make more money... lol.
    And now spanking and prayer are back in school
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    And now spanking and prayer are back in school
    I wish.....
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I wish.....
    seriously, you wish children should be allowed to be spanked in school?

you really are an idiot, but then I already knew that....

Legend

User Info Menu

Do yall actually think we will have a football season this year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Trump says return to normal by Easter would be a "great timeline"...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think best case would be a shortened one.
    Maybe half.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I do. A month and a half from now, I'm thinking things will be better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Only one week into quarantine and I already see people getting antsy to ignore social distancing. Local park has tons of people hanging out