2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was just getting to post this from NFL.com and the Post-Gazette. Great news!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This was also a good line from the article... "I've heard people say I'm fat, and that just blows my mind," Roethlisberger said. "I'm lighter and in better shape than I was in either of the past two years. I haven't stopped working out. I normally don't work out in the offseason, but I've been doing everything five days a week with my trainer. Cardio twice a week. Legs twice a week. Upper body twice a week.

"I guess it's my beard that makes me look heavier. I must have five pounds in that, I know. But I'm not overweight."​

Starter

User Info Menu

Always thought it was trash the way folks talked about Bens weight just because he had that big ass beard.

Ive seen dudes lose 30 pounds in the face just by shaving.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I was just getting to post this from NFL.com and the Post-Gazette. Great news!!!
    Great, great news. It's got me pumped. This and the Ebron signing are real come ups for us.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Always thought it was trash the way folks talked about Bens weight just because he had that big ass beard.

I'm one of those guys. Every year I take no-shave November and let it go until Easter (Halloween to Easter). As soon as I shave it takes 30lbs off my look and 10 years off of my face.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

This proves the media is often moronic. All the news sources kept saying how heavy he looked and I was thinking "Has no one seen Ben in the offseason before? He's been a lot fatter than he is."
    Last edited by whisper; 03-20-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    This proves the media is often moronic. All the news sources kept saying how heavy he looked and I was thinking "Has no one seen Ben in the offseason before? He's been a lot fatter than he is."
    and he always had a big ass winter coat on ass well.

he’s always.. Ben Big
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree the media is a joke - but does anyone else find it troubling Ben himself said “I don’t typically work out in the off season”?

Most of us work the entire year. Wish I was paid millions to have an ‘off season’ where I could blow off months preparing for the ‘season’.

But who knows? Maybe he’ll have a typical strong September.

Oh wait........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm one of those guys. Every year I take no-shave November and let it go until Easter (Halloween to Easter). As soon as I shave it takes 30lbs off my look and 10 years off of my face.
    I’m working from home for the foreseeable future and tried growing a corona beard. After a week, I shaved it off today. I couldn’t take it anymore...the itching was driving me nuts. Wife is happy since I now look groomed and ten years younger.