Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Ben: Throwing Without Pain

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I agree the media is a joke - but does anyone else find it troubling Ben himself said “I don’t typically work out in the off season”?

    Most of us work the entire year. Wish I was paid millions to have an ‘off season’ where I could blow off months preparing for the ‘season’.

    But who knows? Maybe he’ll have a typical strong September.

    Oh wait........
    We only have another two season, and then he'll never have to work out ever again.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We only have another two season, and then he'll never have to not work out ever again.
    fixed that for ya...

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Appreciate it.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Hopefully with the addition of D Watt and Wisniewski, we are beefing up our run game.. i figure Ben will be nursed through training camp and the preseason...and our passing game will be sluggish for the first quarter of the season.. hopefully our run game will keep us in games early

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Hopefully with the addition of D Watt and Wisniewski, we are beefing up our run game.. i figure Ben will be nursed through training camp and the preseason...and our passing game will be sluggish for the first quarter of the season.. hopefully our run game will keep us in games early
    I think he played around 1 quarter last pre-season and threw a handful of passes. This when he was considered healthy. Not sure how much more nursing he needs. But I agree these circumstances don't bode well for a hot start to the season.

    If there is a season of course......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Hopefully with the addition of D Watt and Wisniewski, we are beefing up our run game.. i figure Ben will be nursed through training camp and the preseason...and our passing game will be sluggish for the first quarter of the season.. hopefully our run game will keep us in games early
    Wisniewski is not a very good run blocker. And while Watt is a good lead blocker, I'd be surprised if he was in on offense more than 15 to 20% of the time.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Wisniewski is not a very good run blocker. And while Watt is a good lead blocker, I'd be surprised if he was in on offense more than 15 to 20% of the time.
    maybe they are planning to move feiler to LG and let Wisniewski be the primary backup at C/G.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    maybe they are planning to move feiler to LG and let Wisniewski be the primary backup at C/G.
    This is what I would have expected, but the claim is that they told Wis he has a shot to be a starter.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This is what I would have expected, but the claim is that they told Wis he has a shot to be a starter.
    No problem. We know that AV, Pouncey, and DD are starting and where. We know that Feiler is starting, but we don't know where. Now we throw Okorafor, Wis, and Banner into the steel cage and see who walks out. Winner gets a spot and Feiler goes to the other spot.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    No problem. We know that AV, Pouncey, and DD are starting and where. We know that Feiler is starting, but we don't know where. Now we throw Okorafor, Wis, and Banner into the steel cage and see who walks out. Winner gets a spot and Feiler goes to the other spot.
    great summation

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •