Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Wow....ebron

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If Belichick threw in the towel on AB what makes anyone think another coach could do better?

AB is done in the NFL unless there is a team only interested in selling seats to the AB spectacle and not winning games.
    not sure if this pandemic helps or hurts AB.

I think once he is taken off Goodells list or is given a time frame teams will start o show interest.

he’s too good for someone not to take a flyer on him. Especially if he is on the cheap now that his stock has plummeted.

Not sure if he’s been quiet or just drowned out by the news cycle.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I think once he is taken off Goodells list or is given a time frame teams will start o show interest.

heís too good for someone not to take a flyer on him. Especially if he is on the cheap now that his stock has plummeted.

Not sure if heís been quiet or just drowned out by the news cycle.
    AB in a locker room may be worse than Coronavirus in the locker room

Legend

User Info Menu

Ovi, your right. Because there is a 90% chance to get over Corona; no chance a locker room gets over AB after he wrecks it.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Eric Ebron said he is still not 100 percent following his late-season ankle operation.

Ebron landed on injured reserve following Week 12 and underwent surgery soon thereafter. “If the season started today, I don’t think I’d be able to 100 percent perform," Ebron said. "But we don’t play today.” Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Ebron has yet to be examined by the Steelers, though they were satisfied enough with his evaluation by an independent doctor to go ahead with a two-year, $12 million contract. Leaving one crowded tight end room for another, it's not a guarantee that Ebron will bounce back to low-end TE1 status in 2020.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Apr 2, 2020, 3:08 PM ET
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Eric Ebron said he is still not 100 percent following his late-season ankle operation.

Ebron landed on injured reserve following Week 12 and underwent surgery soon thereafter. “If the season started today, I don’t think I’d be able to 100 percent perform," Ebron said. "But we don’t play today.” Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Ebron has yet to be examined by the Steelers, though they were satisfied enough with his evaluation by an independent doctor to go ahead with a two-year, $12 million contract. Leaving one crowded tight end room for another, it's not a guarantee that Ebron will bounce back to low-end TE1 status in 2020.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Apr 2, 2020, 3:08 PM ET
    Big gamble not using your own medical staff.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

he’s too good for someone not to take a flyer on him. Especially if he is on the cheap now that his stock has plummeted.

Not sure if he’s been quiet or just drowned out by the news cycle.
    I think this will hurt him.
    I don't think AB can get on the list until the court cases are settled. I can only assume those are being delayed also. I think if we have a season it will be an abbreviated one. If AB is legally available to be signed, the signing team will have to take into account the number of games Goodell will suspend him.
    I think the longer he is unemployed, the more time he will have to bury himself deeper.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    AB in a locker room may be worse than Coronavirus in the locker room
    Yea, that toxicity isn't worth it. And the minute he gets a few bucks more in his pocket, he will act the fool again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think this will hurt him.
    I don't think AB can get on the list until the court cases are settled. I can only assume those are being delayed also. I think if we have a season it will be an abbreviated one. If AB is legally available to be signed, the signing team will have to take into account the number of games Goodell will suspend him.
    I think the longer he is unemployed, the more time he will have to bury himself deeper.
    Working out with Lamar Jackson I am reading.
    Would be a pretty scary combo for a defense if Jackson learned to hit WRs outside

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would be a pretty scary combo for a defense if Jackson learned to hit WRs outside
    Awesome social distancing there.

Legend

User Info Menu

You mean being able to pass outside the hash marks? I'm waiting to see it. LOL