Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow....ebron

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    He wasn't better last year then Vance was in 2018 so he must suck.
    Definitely not an upgrade.
    Lmao.. you really have a hard time accepting reality.

He was better in 2018 than Vance was in 2018 with Ben.

and better in 2019 with Brissett than Vance was with our backups.

13 TD’s in 2018.

Top 13 dude!!!
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I disagree about Vance being expendable. McDonald and Ebron are two completely different types of TEs. They are really complimentary and not redundant.
    Ebron is more of a split end right?

Still wonder if Vance is expendable now or are we just accepting he is more of a blocking TE?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He wasn't better last year then Vance was in 2018 so he must suck.
    Definitely not an upgrade.
    Here is how I look at this. Vance and Gentry were both around in 19 so even if Gentry improves lets say those 2 are a push and cancel each other out. Is Ebron a better player than Vannett?
    Now they are different in that Vannett is more blocker and Ebron more the pass catcher however I would find it hard to believe Ebron is not an upgrade. Ebron imho is an upgrade. So did we get better ? Did we upgrade imho yes, yes we did. Now Ebron isn't Ertz so it's not a great move but a good move yeah I would say that.

Legend

User Info Menu

given our cap situation i commend colbert for the moves weve made...the creativity to free up some money...and for the guys weve brought in (seem to be steeler types that address positions of need).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lmao.. you really have a hard time accepting reality.

He was better in 2018 than Vance was in 2018 with Ben.

and better in 2019 with Brissett than Vance was with our backups.

13 TD’s in 2018.

Top 13 dude!!!
    Lol....you make me laugh at you.
    31 rbs were better than Bell last year but you say he is top 3, should get paid 15+, didn't get used right, wrong coaches, etc etc etc.
    But now you want to use stats to say Ebron we better than Vance last year....
    You mean the year without a starting QB?
    I'm almost ready to quit. You've gotten too easy.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Never thought we'd go for Ebron. Adds a valuable weapon for our passing game.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My thoughts...WOW I wasn't expecting this.

Given some time to think about it, it makes a whole lot of sense. Where to begin, my mind is exploding now!

1) Fits the need. ( We are officially deep, now Vance can be a #2 TE! )
    2) We played a lot of 2 TE sets, back with JJ ( 50% snaps) and McDonald ( 51%). It seems like we might be going forward with a flex TE in the O, or maybe 3 TE sets.
    3) Adds a TD maker, something that we sorely missed after AB left.
    4) Adds more recievers. ( He plays as a big receiver, rather than a classic TE)
    5) Avoids us reaching for TE and expcting them to play right away. TE takes time to develope in NFL compared to college. Like most drafts we cover that need so we don't reach, but we end up drafting that position to slowly bring on slowly. I am not counting out us taking a TE in the draft, but if we do, count on that player to play key role in 2021.
    6) Insurance if Vance is hurt.
    7) Don't forget the roosters this year is 55, so maybe they go with 4 TEs ( Vannette might be back)
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If anything, Ebron should help in the red zone. A certain poster wonít like the pickup but I applaud Colbert.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ebron!!!! Wish it were a longer contract like 3 or 4 years..but can't complain because he's an upgrade
    Rara's 2020 mock v8
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Round 2- Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL; LSU
    Round 3 comp- Jalen Hurts, QB; Oklahoma
    Round 4a- Van Jefferson, WR; Florida
    Round 4b- Tanner Muse, S/ILB; Clemson
    Round 6- Benito Jones, DT; Ole Miss
    Round 7- Jack Driscoll, OT; Auburn

Starter

User Info Menu

Lol....you make me laugh at you.
    31 rbs were better than Bell last year but you say he is top 3, should get paid 15+, didn't get used right, wrong coaches, etc etc etc.
    But now you want to use stats to say Ebron we better than Vance last year....
    You mean the year without a starting QB?
    I'm almost ready to quit. You've gotten too easy.
    Once again you bring up Bell in a post about TE’s...

I wonder why?

I said Ebron was better than Vance BOTH YEARS. You are the one trying to flip years because Ebron had 13 TD’s in 2018.

He’s a Steeler now. It’s an upgrade.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-20-2020 at 07:15 PM.