Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow....ebron

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Vance is expendable now. He could be traded and we could pick up an additional draft pick possibly. If not, we've got some depth. Which is something a lot of posters have been crying about at TE.
    There are a few teams that are thin at TE. Arizona, Wash,Tenn,Jags,Jets and Pats. Of those Jets n Pats have a few extra picks for what it's worth. If somehow Vance was traded I would sign Vannett in a minute. Not sure what Vance would return. A guess would be some kind of mid rounder.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Definitely an upgrade. Hopefully Ebron doesnít revert back to the dropsies.
    He wasn't better last year then Vance was in 2018 so he must suck.
    Definitely not an upgrade.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Vance is expendable now. He could be traded and we could pick up an additional draft pick possibly. If not, we've got some depth. Which is something a lot of posters have been crying about at TE.
    They were crying but now that we made a good smart move I'm sure they will be complaining

Ain't happy unless unhappy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    There are a few teams that are thin at TE. Arizona, Wash,Tenn,Jags,Jets and Pats. Of those Jets n Pats have a few extra picks for what it's worth. If somehow Vance was traded I would sign Vannett in a minute. Not sure what Vance would return. A guess would be some kind of mid rounder.
    I'm thinking we can get at least the 5th round pick we traded to the Ravens back from someone for McDonald.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I didn't want to draft a te. Let's hope this ensures that.
    I think you are going to get your wish. This one is OK by me. Ben loves a TE running down the middle seam. This guy can run and catch when he feels like it (blocking not so much).
    Last edited by whisper; 03-20-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm thinking we can get at least the 5th round pick we traded to the Ravens back from someone for McDonald.
    Nothing wrong with having 2 TEs who can play (plus Vance is hurt a lot).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Nothing wrong with having 2 TEs who can play (plus Vance is hurt a lot).
    Vannett a better blocker then both of those guys. So I don't see him going anywhere. And it ain't Ebron; we just gave him a nice big contract. So Vance the odd man out the way I see it. Plus Gentry gonna get an opportunity as well.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Remember, we have some new blood in the room with respect to calling the Offense. Let's not try to plug these players into last years paradigm. The Offense could look very different not only from last years, but even well before Ben got hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

I disagree about Vance being expendable. McDonald and Ebron are two completely different types of TEs. They are really complimentary and not redundant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Remember, we have some new blood in the room with respect to calling the Offense. Let's not try to plug these players into last years paradigm. The Offense could look very different not only from last years, but even well before Ben got hurt.
    I've mentioned this before. The Matt Canada factor may have more influence than we know right now.