Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisniewski

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Just read that Wis sez Steelers promised him he could have a shot at being a starter.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/st...thats-my-plan/
    im fine with that. its not like we are looking for a 3 to 5 year answer with him

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Wow we suck
    We keep getting worse
    Wannnnnhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL
    No one else worried he only started 9 games in the last 2 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    im fine with that. its not like we are looking for a 3 to 5 year answer with him
    He's 31; I don't see more then a year or two from him. He's a stop gap/band aid to me.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    some people always see the glass half empty.

it’s March.

weird time to talk about how we are worse off when we are shedding money and players who were primarily panned on here last year.

This guy is an upgrade from Foster. OL just got better IMO.
    I would have to agree with this...LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He's 31; I don't see more then a year or two from him. He's a stop gap/band aid to me.
    Is there something wrong with getting an experienced veteran back up for a year or two?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lots of optimism on how much better we have become.
    I'll change my tune and agree.
    Looks like Tomlin will have a loaded roster again...
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I would have to agree with this...LOL
    i still see a fairly early OL selection in the draft. While he may be the starter this year, he IS long in the tooth... that would give a 2/3 rounder a chance to learn the system and develop at a pace that doesn't put Ben at risk...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
    3. Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise
    4a. Jordan Elliott, NT, Missouri
    4b. Brandon Jones, S, Texas
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal
    Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'd say a depth move. He will likely take over Finney's role from last year as backup guard/center. An average to poor run blocker, but very good in pass pro, Wiz has been a backup for the past few years, and at 31, is on the downside of his career.

This move makes it so that we aren't forced to take a C/G with our first couple of picks, gives us more versatility headed into the draft.
    Agreed. Steelers setting themselves up to be position flexible in Rd 1..... erh, Rd 2

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Yeah. Throw me in the “I’m worried what the Barron loss will do to our defense” camp.
    Barron is another failed attempt at the "safety/LB hybrid" this team seemed hell bent on employing. Why? I'm not sure, but they were overly obsessed with trying to attain that. Maybe it was an attempt on trying to prove how smart they are. Some will say Troy Polamalu was kind of that. Well, TP happened to be a once in a decade talent, and they don't grow on trees, not do Shaziers. They should stop pursuing systems where super rare talents are needed to make it work.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Barron is another failed attempt at the "safety/LB hybrid" this team seemed hell bent on employing. Why? I'm not sure, but they were overly obsessed with trying to attain that. Maybe it was an attempt on trying to prove how smart they are. Some will say Troy Polamalu was kind of that. Well, TP happened to be a once in a decade talent, and they don't grow on trees, not do Shaziers. They should stop pursuing systems where super rare talents are needed to make it work.
    I don't think Barron played that bad...And if you think about it he did what was asked of him...Do you not remember the debacle with Vince Williams getting destroyed by Keenan Allen ( damn stupid by the coaches to let every single pass go to an elite WR , being guarded by VW ) which btw, cost of the playoffs, which is 2 years in a row...

So imo, Barron did a pretty good job of what was asked of him, he kept Bush on the bench for quite a few snaps...And rookie or not,we gave up a ton for him