Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisniewski

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Not being a homer, but how are we guaranteed to be worse if Ben, Juju, Conner and Vance stay healthy this year and play well? I realize those are big "IFs" but our offense went to crap last year because of injuries.
    some people always see the glass half empty.

it’s March.

weird time to talk about how we are worse off when we are shedding money and players who were primarily panned on here last year.

This guy is an upgrade from Foster. OL just got better IMO.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

in terms of being "Weaker" on a gain/loss basis... i think Finney's loss was offset by Wisniewski. Hargrave's should be offset by Tuitt coming back. Barron's loss is the big one at this point.. would love to get him back at a reduced rate once the FA smoke clears.
    Feiler and Hilton are definite "Keeps"... with both looking like strong possibilities (with the 2nd round tenders) With the other pieces in place....IF Ben returns to form... we are better off without question heading into 2020

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So is this signing a depth move or do they have their Foster replacement now? Seems like a good pick up, just hope it isn't a one year deal and didn't break the bank.
    Rara's 2020 mock v8
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Round 2- Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL; LSU
    Round 3 comp- Jalen Hurts, QB; Oklahoma
    Round 4a- Van Jefferson, WR; Florida
    Round 4b- Tanner Muse, S/ILB; Clemson
    Round 6- Benito Jones, DT; Ole Miss
    Round 7- Jack Driscoll, OT; Auburn

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    So is this signing a depth move or do they have their Foster replacement now? Seems like a good pick up, just hope it isn't a one year deal and didn't break the bank.
    Hes 31.. id say it was a 2 year... modest deal...and am leaning towards him being the starter at LG

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I'd say a depth move. He will likely take over Finney's role from last year as backup guard/center. An average to poor run blocker, but very good in pass pro, Wiz has been a backup for the past few years, and at 31, is on the downside of his career.

This move makes it so that we aren't forced to take a C/G with our first couple of picks, gives us more versatility headed into the draft.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's a depth move but he can be forced into starting in a pinch. He's like a fall back option right now.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good Signing. Needed experience at C for backup. Hopefully not paid like starter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Barron's loss is the big one at this point..
    Yeah. Throw me in the “I’m worried what the Barron loss will do to our defense” camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Wis isnt our starter... who do you guys have at LG? Feiler? maybe they have plans of moving him inside and letting chucks and banner duke it out for RT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just read that Wis sez Steelers promised him he could have a shot at being a starter.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/03/st...thats-my-plan/
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky