Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day 2FA thoughts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Day 2FA thoughts

who is next in line to gets a new reconstructed contract?

Who gets cut to get under the cap?

Who do we sign next?

I think it has to be NT and OL...

Any surprised trades? Moreau is buried behind Wells and Witten. ( would you trade next years 4rd for him and Raiders 5th)

I wonder would the ravens trade Juron to the raiders and have him and picks !
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Backup

User Info Menu

Nix. Switzer. Extend Heyward 3 more years for a 4 year/$48m/16m signing bonus with a cap hit of 8m this year (he pockets 20m) and we save 5m+ on the cap.

After that, sign Feiler for 4-5 years. Then, maybe we wait on table scraps /castoffs unless we get something at a bargain.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Nix. Switzer.
    Not opposed to cutting either of those two, but I don't think those cuts will result in any significant cap relief for this team.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Not opposed to cutting either of those two, but I don't think those cuts will result in any significant cap relief for this team.
    Nix gets cut because he is no longer useful on this team. How many ST/FB types will this team use?

Switzer you are right about. His cap hit is $825K with no penalty to cut him. Remember though, once you cut him another player cap hit is elevated into the top 51 and replaces Switzer's hit. The value of that cap hit right now is $610K. So, while there is a savings of $825K by cutting him, the amount realized against the cap is only $215K.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Nix gets cut because he is no longer useful on this team. How many ST/FB types will this team use?

Switzer you are right about. His cap hit is $825K with no penalty to cut him. Remember though, once you cut him another player cap hit is elevated into the top 51 and replaces Switzer's hit. The value of that cap hit right now is $610K. So, while there is a savings of $825K by cutting him, the amount realized against the cap is only $215K.
    According to a report on the Depot, by cutting Nix now, the Steelers only save $402,500 in cap space for 2020. So we don't get much cap relief by axing either of those two players.
    2020 Draft Mock #1

Backup

User Info Menu

According to a report on the Depot, by cutting Nix now, the Steelers only save $402,500 in cap space for 2020. So we don't get much cap relief by axing either of those two players.
    Nobody, and I mean nobody, keeps more than 1 FB on their roster (many carry none). I can't see them signing Watt AND keeping Nix. That would be mind boggling. What I want to know, is why did they heave so much praise on Nix for the last 3 years if he was so disposable that they pay 3x more to replace him. It seemed like every broadcast where Nix played, the announcers made a comment expressing how much the team loved the guy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Nobody, and I mean nobody, keeps more than 1 FB on their roster (many carry none). I can't see them signing Watt AND keeping Nix. That would be mind boggling. What I want to know, is why did they heave so much praise on Nix for the last 3 years if he was so disposable that they pay 3x more to replace him. It seemed like every broadcast where Nix played, the announcers made a comment expressing how much the team loved the guy.
    Love can come and go fast in this league, that's why they call it "Not For Long".
    2020 Draft Mock #1

Starter

User Info Menu

it it’s strictly for cap then those 2 don’t matter at all right now.

but in terms of fielding a better team. Switzer needs to be cut and unfortunately Nix as well.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

How about resigning Barron at a lower cap hit? Need depth at ILB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    How about resigning Barron at a lower cap hit? Need depth at ILB
    I like this thought...

I
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."