Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Watt

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Watt

    Derek Watt...Is a Steeler!

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Is this the end for Rosie Nix w/the Black & Gold?

    Can't see them keeping both at FB.


    Sorry, but I can't really see why we needed to make this move ... unless we're planning to employ FB a whole lot more than we have been.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Nix is gone...Watt led the league in special teams tackles, And can play FB/TE...9 million for 3 years

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Is this the end for Rosie Nix w/the Black & Gold?

    Can't see them keeping both at FB.


    Sorry, but I can't really see why we needed to make this move ... unless we're planning to employ FB a whole lot more than we have been.
    There has to be an issue with Nix perhaps medical that is not good. Guy can play special teams well and always been a good locker room guy. My buddy Alex's favorite Steeler. He's got to be freaking a bit so I'll try to get some inside scoop later tonight n get back to ya.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    There has to be an issue with Nix perhaps medical that is not good. Guy can play special teams well and always been a good locker room guy. My buddy Alex's favorite Steeler. He's got to be freaking a bit so I'll try to get some inside scoop later tonight n get back to ya.
    Agreed, I'm thinking a career ending injury situation. Cap savings on cutting Rosie is just over a mil. I can't see this being so much of an upgrade that they would do this if they expected him back with a full recovery.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Nix is gone...Watt led the league in special teams tackles, And can play FB/TE...9 million for 3 years
    Watt can play TE, too? So much for re-signing Nick Vannett, huh?

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Watt can play TE, too? So much for re-signing Nick Vannett, huh?
    Yup, I think he averages 2-3 catches per season.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Yup, I think he averages 2-3 catches per season.
    Watt is a good STs player, but wasn't that a lot of money to pay for a STs ace/limited use FB/reserve TE?

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Watt is a good STs player, but wasn't that a lot of money to pay for a STs ace/limited use FB/reserve TE?
    A bit high yes but not crazy high. Nix was going to cost apx 1.5 mil in 20 so Watt will have to earn that extra cash and he may. In a scale now of 200m /per it's a small potato deal so I can live with it.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    'I could never ask or wish for that': Steelers bring tight-knit Watt clan even closer

    Derek and T.J. will reunite in Pittsburgh for the third time in their football careers, much to the delight of their family

    https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202005010138

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •