Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watt

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    'I could never ask or wish for that': Steelers bring tight-knit Watt clan even closer

Derek and T.J. will reunite in Pittsburgh for the third time in their football careers, much to the delight of their family

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202005010138
    Always felt the real reason we signed Derrick.
    Incentivizes TJ to WANT to sign long term.

You can bet Colbert talked to TJ plenty about his thoughts about bringing his brother in.

A great investment

Legend

User Info Menu

If we could just find a way to acquire the ONE GOOD Edmund brother.

Legend

User Info Menu

Overpaid/underpaid, not suprising who shows up on the list:

Underpaid outside linebacker: T.J. Watt, Steelers
    Watt has become one of the premier pass rushers in the league three seasons into his career, with consecutive Pro Bowl seasons and an All-Pro designation last year after recording 14.5 sacks and eight forced fumbles. Still on his rookie deal, Watt's cap hit is nearly $2.95 million in 2020.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...nba9I#image=20

(Not to turn this into another Bell thread but he makes the list as the most overpaid RB in the NFL)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Overpaid/underpaid, not suprising who shows up on the list:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...nba9I#image=20

(Not to turn this into another Bell thread but he makes the list as the most overpaid RB in the NFL)
    Turns out having very good players on rookie contracts is good for your team.

It's almost like maximizing player production / cap hit is important in a salary cap league.

I didn't go through the whole list. Was Fitz on there too? Since Miami took a bunch of the cap hit for his rookie deal, he might be be best value per cap hit across the league (outside of underpaid QBs). I totally missed that part of the signing when the deal went down. Too much emotional reaction from me thinking that it was all about desperation.

Turns out the Steelers FO is better than me at their job (which is actually no surprise to me).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

It's almost like maximizing player production / cap hit is important in a salary cap league.

I didn't go through the whole list. Was Fitz on there too? Since Miami took a bunch of the cap hit for his rookie deal, he might be be best value per cap hit across the league (outside of underpaid QBs). I totally missed that part of the signing when the deal went down. Too much emotional reaction from me thinking that it was all about desperation.

Turns out the Steelers FO is better than me at their job (which is actually no surprise to me).
    The FO is better than everyone on this board although some are too delusional to see that. That is why they get paid to do what they do

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The FO is better than everyone on this board although some are too delusional to see that. That is why they get paid to do what they do
    which is why i never get wrapped around the axle on draft day!......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

Surprisingly Fitz did not make the list. They tabbed Marcus Williams from the Saints as underpaid. If you think about Fitz's season, after the flurry at the beginning he quieted down in the last quarter of the season as teams tried to avoid his part of the field. The Steelers are gonna have to get creative with him. I know that is a reason he left MIA, but he needs to realize that moving around on the field might actually be better for his career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ok OV,
    I've defended you using this same truth but I gotta call you on it.

YOU have a long record of "knowing better" yourself. You were actually correct ONCE.

You can't start calling people out for acting the same way now.

If you disagree with current critics it's one thing. Cool.

But you can't pretend to be Mr humble, the team knows better than us mere fans guy. The team just happens to mostly agree with your take and you LIKE the current staff.

That's what it is and that's OK.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Ok OV,
    I've defended you using this same truth but I gotta call you on it.

YOU have a long record of "knowing better" yourself. You were actually correct ONCE.

You can't start calling people out for acting the same way now.

If you disagree with current critics it's one thing. Cool.

But you can't pretend to be Mr humble, the team knows better than us mere fans guy. The team just happens to mostly agree with your take and you LIKE the current staff.

That's what it is and that's OK.
    Boom.....................
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

True that they are paid but they are not God; they are not correct in their moves all the time. As good as Colbert is (top 5 in the league) we all can point to many a blunder by him. We can all point to the reach selection of Edmonds in the first round and the bust selection of Jarvis Jones right now as first round blunders. Not to mention Artie Burns. So trying to take the "nose turned up" stance that " they are in position and your not" is a lazy way out of a debate.

It's just Ovi's way of trying to stick it to people who don't cuddle up to Tomlin. Not working thou.... just made himself look foolish by making a broad brush proclamation like that.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 05-21-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]