Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hargrave

Legend

User Info Menu

What percentage of downs did Hargrave actually play????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What percentage of downs did Hargrave actually play????
    A lot more after overpaid glass-man Tuitt went down.

We couldn't afford to give Hargrave a big contract using him the way we do, as a part-time DL. I predict he will flourish with the Eagles, who will keep him on the field more (barring injury).
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Eagles play a 4-3. I think Hargrave will be a monster as a 4-3 DT. He did OK as a 3-4 NT, but he's gonna blossom as a 4-3 DT.
    agreed. don't think he was the best fit at 34 NT... would rather have another Casey.

Never understood why so many folks complain about "package" guys who would be KEY on short-yardage (and any other running down), but then ask for nickel and dime guys. They are all sub-packages. Gimme a 3-4 round 330LB nose tackle, please! Because if he's the guy you're trying to get sacks out of in your 34 Defense - you're doing it wrong!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2020 Draft
    2. Lloyd Cushenberry, G/C, LSU
    3. Curtis Weaver, OLB, Boise
    4a. Jordan Elliott, NT, Missouri
    4b. Brandon Jones, S, Texas
    6. Evan Weaver, ILB, Cal
    Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    agreed. don't think he was the best fit at 34 NT... would rather have another Casey.

Never understood why so many folks complain about "package" guys who would be KEY on short-yardage (and any other running down), but then ask for nickel and dime guys. They are all sub-packages. Gimme a 3-4 round 330LB nose tackle, please! Because if he's the guy you're trying to get sacks out of in your 34 Defense - you're doing it wrong!
    exactly keep bush and vw clean.

clog up the run.

let the qb step up in pocket to have it collapse on the outside from Watt and Dupree and our DE
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

That was always a dumb argument.

people talked about a NT like Casay having to leave the field like we don’t do it at other positions based on personal or down and distance.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    exactly keep bush and vw clean.

clog up the run.

let the qb step up in pocket to have it collapse on the outside from Watt and Dupree and our DE
    It’s looking like our draft will be about offensive linemen, inside linebackers and defensive linemen. Period. Areas we are razor thin at.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    It’s looking like our draft will be about offensive linemen, inside linebackers and defensive linemen. Period. Areas we are razor thin at.
    I remember a former poster on this board who would insist that the Steelers never draft for need, but always strictly take the best player available. I think we will draft for need, but I also think we'll look to scoop up a couple 2nd FAs to try to shore up at these thin positions.

I d
    2020 Draft Mock #1

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I remember a former poster on this board who would insist that the Steelers never draft for need, but always strictly take the best player available. I think we will draft for need, but I also think we'll look to scoop up a couple 2nd FAs to try to shore up at these thin positions.

I d
    I think the organization has made it clear in recent years they don't take the best player available in a vacuum but actually it is BPA in an area of need

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the organization has made it clear in recent years they don't take the best player available in a vacuum but actually it is BPA in an area of need
    Thank you sir.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

which only makes sense
    2020 Draft Mock #1