Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Steelers Will Hire South Carolina’s Bryan McClendon As New WR Coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    The Pittsburgh Steelers are expected to name Bryan McClendon as the team’s new wide receivers coach, according to Mike Gillespie, Sports Director at the ABC affiliate in Columbia, SC.

McClendon, who played his college football at Georgia,has been on the South Carolina staff since December 23, 2015. In his first two seasons, he served as the co-offensive coordinator and tutored the Gamecocks’ wide receiving corps. He was put in charge of the offense and called the plays for the 2018 Outback Bowl and, in early January 2018, was named the full-time offensive coordinator, according to the school’s bio page.

McClendon was also the running backs coach at Georgia at 26 years old and the run game coordinator at age 31. He coached running backs Isaiah Crowell, Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel while at Georgia.

After his college playing career at Georgia was over with, McClendon signed with the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He was only with them for that one summer, however, as he failed to make the final 53-man roster.

McClendon will take over for Steelers interim wide receivers coach Ray Sherman, who held that position throughout the 2019 season after wide receivers after coach Darryl Drake passed away suddenly while at the team’s training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe last summer. Drake was the receivers coach with the Bears when McClendon was there.
    I guess I kinda jumped the gun on that article.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I guess I kinda jumped the gun on that article.
    how long have you had this problem with being premature?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    how long have you had this problem with being premature?
    Its getting worse the older I get.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I Like IKE
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

HIllard was a good WR and comes with a decent resume as a WR coach from the UFL to the Giants. Looks like a really good addition for us. Props to Colbert & co.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    HIllard was a good WR and comes with a decent resume as a WR coach from the UFL to the Giants. Looks like a really good addition for us. Props to Colbert & co.
    how about props to Tomlin for hiring him?