Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time for the Steelers to Cut Ties with Big Ben, Find QB in 2020 Free Agency

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We didn't tank. But after the 0-3 start and losing Ben, it felt like it was a tank season because 90% of 0-3 teams don't make the playoffs.
    do you even know what it means for a team to "tank" and for a team to have a "tank season"?

maybe you shouldn't use words you don't know the meaning of, but then again that would eliminate a lot of words in the English vocabulary for you, huh?

Starter

User Info Menu

Tanking is intentional. Going 0-3 with 2 of those losses being close tough losses isnít tanking.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

But to basically turn this coming season into a tank year? That wouldn't go over well around here because of last season; which in many ways felt like a tank year after Ben went down for the season.
    that's not a tank year, the Steelers as an organization would never lose intentionally.

discussing football with you feels like I'm in the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest...

]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Didn't some say Miami was tanking the season?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Lmao.. that was also Steel Maniac.

He said they intentionally didnít try to score on the 2 pt conversion early in the season. If you watched the play the D blew up the OL and made a play to stop the conversion. Who knew the other team gets paid as well and is trying to win?

Why the hell would a team even score late if they were trying to tank?

That same team was in a lot of games until the 4th quarter and found a way to beat the Pats and stop them from getting home field advantage.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Everybody was saying that early in the season. Remember the battle cry was, " Tanking for Tua".
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still don't understand the logic of cutting Roethlisberger now to save money in 2021.
    Let it play out in preseason and make decisions later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Everybody was saying that early in the season. Remember the battle cry was, " Tanking for Tua".
    no, you were the only one saying it on this message board.

I remember you discrediting the Steelers' comeback win over the Dolphins because you claimed they were intentionally losing every game and thus weren't going to win even a single game all season long as a result.

well, they ended up winning 5 games. I'll just add that to the mile long list of stupid things you have said that turned out to be incorrect...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Still don't understand the logic of cutting Roethlisberger now to save money in 2021.
    Let it play out in preseason and make decisions later.
    Yeah, makes no sense to cut him now.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't remember about this board specifically, but I remember a lot of noise, early in the season, about Miami tanking. I think even some of the media talking heads were bringing it up. Some of the moves the Fins made, shipping talent out, seemed to lend some credibility to the notion. However, I don't think their head coach (Flores?) has it in his DNA to try to lose. I don't think ours does, either.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky