Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: It's Time for the Steelers to Cut Ties with Big Ben, Find QB in 2020 Free Agency

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    How much does he usually get?
    I think it's more important to play more preseason games and maybe not be given practice days off.
    It seems this offense blows during preseason and the first handful of regular season games with what they did in the past.
    i agree.. he doesnt get much.. and it shows.. we normally start slow ...and are a fringe team as a result.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    i agree.. he doesnt get much.. and it shows.. we normally start slow ...and are a fringe team as a result.
    The GOAT also plays little in preseason but it doesn't seem to affect his starting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The GOAT also plays little in preseason but it doesn't seem to affect his starting.
    Obviously Brady can get away with that. After all our time, someone should be smart enough to know Ben can't.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    That only happened recently. Pretty sure last season was the first time Brady rested in preseason.

A few years back I pointed out how Brady was playing into the 3rd quarter early in preseason and how Ben was resting and people laughed it off.

The old “what if he gets hurt” excuse.

I will say that even though we typically start slow we usually end strong most years when things are clicking.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Yeah... that early game we lost to the bears in 2018 cost us playoff positioning that year. Could have avoided the Jags in the playoffs that year with that bears win.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.