Thread: Colbert signs contract extension

Legend

User Info Menu

Colbert signs contract extension

Colbert signs contract extension

Teresa Varley
    STEELERS.COM
    Wednesday, Feb 05, 2020

The Steelers answered one of their biggest offseason questions today when Vice President and General Manager Kevin Colbert signed a one-year contract extension.

Colbert's extension keeps him with the team through at least the 2021 NFL Draft.

"I am happy to announce we have extended Kevin Colbert's contract for an additional year," said Steelers President Art Rooney II. "Kevin continues to play a key role in our success and his dedication to our personnel efforts is unparalleled. We are pleased he will lead those efforts for at least one more year."

Colbert, who is entering his 21st year with the team, joined the Steelers in February 2000 as the director of football operations, a role he had for his first 11 years with the team, and he is in his 10th year as the team's general manager.

Colbert is a Pittsburgh native who attended North Catholic High School and graduated from Robert Morris University. He had a passion for the Steelers before he ever joined the team, growing up a fan of the Steelers teams of the 70s.

"It's hard to quantify how fortunate I am to have been part of this organization for the last 20 years," said Colbert. "I look forward to the challenge of getting our team back into playoff contention while never losing sight of our ultimate goal Ė winning a Super Bowl."

Colbert's track record with the Steelers is an impressive one. He was a part of building the Super Bowl XL and Super Bowl XLIII championship teams, as well as three AFC Championship teams. During his time with the team the Steelers have won nine division titles, earned 12 playoff berths and had 15 winning seasons.

Financial terms of Colbert's deal weren't released.

https://www.steelers.com/news/colber...ract-extension

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cool......
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

there can never be too many boobs for this!

Good so now let's get back to business!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was getting worried since Tepper is down here throwing bags of money at people.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I was getting worried since Tepper is down here throwing bags of money at people.
    Wish he would throw those bags in my direction...

OT; nice work by Rooney to keep Colbert around. A re-org at this point would seem pretty disruptive. Wait for Roethlisberger's retirement.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Isn't it kinda weird when these gm contracts expire?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Awesome!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Wish he would throw those bags in my direction...

OT; nice work by Rooney to keep Colbert around. A re-org at this point would seem pretty disruptive. Wait for Roethlisberger's retirement.
    I'm sure Colbert is the one responsible for him returning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Outstanding. Colbert is way to valuable to us.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Outstanding. Colbert is way to valuable to us.
    Colbert is looking forward to trading away our entire draft class next year in order to move up and get Ben's successor...