Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft: Slot/Big Receivers vs REceiving TEs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Draft: Slot/Big Receivers vs REceiving TEs

I have a question, why are there many mocks have us taking one TE and one slot WR or a big WR. We already have 4 young WR already on the roster. Wouldn't selecting two 2 TEs make more sense since Vance is likely gone, same for Vannette. They can split ​wide or line up in the slot, be our 5th-6th receivers, all the while learning how to become a complete TE that block.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't see us taking 2 TEs in a weak class for that position, especially having a pick or two less to spend.
    2024 Mock Draft 2.0

#20 -- Taliese Fuega, OT, Oregon St
    #51 -- Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    #84 -- Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida
    #98 -- Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
    #119 -- Payton Wilson, LB, NC State
    #178 -- Micah Abraham, CB, Marshall
    #195 -- Khristian Boyd, DL, Northern Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably because Ben and the OC prefer WR’s to TE’s.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Don't see us taking 2 TEs in a weak class for that position, especially having a pick or two less to spend.
    The class is actually kind of deep. There just isn't a bonafide sure thing guy. I could see us taking a Receiving TE and a blocking TE. Harrison Bryant and Colby Parkinson would be a nice duo.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    The class is actually kind of deep. There just isn't a bonafide sure thing guy. I could see us taking a Receiving TE and a blocking TE. Harrison Bryant and Colby Parkinson would be a nice duo.
    My thoughts as well, and when I think that there are 4 ( Kmet, Trautman, Hopkins, H. Bryant ) names that are good fits, there is always a new name that pops up and grab my attention Mckeon, Sulivan, Breeland, and now Magnifico!

Plus I think we have that speedster at WR in Cain. https://steelersdepot.com/2020/02/de...this-team-out/
    Last edited by steeler_george; 02-05-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Mizzu TE is a TE who imho can play the Y in our system. Okwuegbunam ( no I cant pronounce it) has some interesting tape. He shows a burst. Not sure how well he'll time but I would bet its good. Hands catcher who runs very good routes (slants n angle routes) . Quick get off and wins at the los rather easily.
    Blocking in line is a bit of a question mark. Not enough there yet to go all in on this guy but I'll say he's a starter for someone before 2020 is over.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see us double dipping at any position.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't see us double dipping at any position.
    I don't either, not when we have more positions of need than we have draft choices this year:

OL, DL, OLB, TE, RB, WR, S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    The Mizzu TE is a TE who imho can play the Y in our system. Okwuegbunam ( no I cant pronounce it) has some interesting tape. He shows a burst. Not sure how well he'll time but I would bet its good. Hands catcher who runs very good routes (slants n angle routes) . Quick get off and wins at the los rather easily.
    Blocking in line is a bit of a question mark. Not enough there yet to go all in on this guy but I'll say he's a starter for someone before 2020 is over.
    The nice thing about Message boards is you don’t have to pronounce it you just have to spell it

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I don't either, not when we have more positions of need than we have draft choices this year:

OL, DL, OLB, TE, RB, WR, S
    I actually wish they would draft bpa at those positions this year.