Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Niners...not close...cheering KC hope I'm wrong

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    What does any of this even mean? You should get Antonio Brown’s lawyer to write all your posts where you try to explain yourself.
    Wow, I even typed it slow to make it easier for you to understand..
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Surprise surprise... another thread hijacked by the Tomlin bashers.

These people probably scream Tomlinís name at random times of the day.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Surprise surprise... another thread hijacked by the Tomlin bashers.

These people probably scream Tomlin’s name at random times of the day.
    And some probably moan his..
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I agree that Garopolo didn't make the plays. He obviously deserves blame. But I don't see how you can just dismiss Shanahan's play selection (and clock management) as major contributors to the loss. Honey Badger agrees with me -- said he was so relieved the Niners didn't run it when they had the lead. The Chiefs feared the SF running game. Their passing game, not so much. Shanny played right into their hands.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Agree. They still had some success even when facing a stacked box. The one thing that made we wonder was when a couple of times they were in shotgun in non-obvious passing downs. Even when throwing, success was based on the threat of the run. By going shotgun and almost nullifying that threat, you really allow the KC D to play their game instead of chasing yours.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did you see the interview that Matheu gave? He said , Thank God they stopped running the ball.” That tells you all you need to know.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Did you see the interview that Matheu gave? He said , Thank God they stopped running the ball.” That tells you all you need to know.
    Yup. The Shanahan washers are crying in their soup right now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's now how the game played out in the end.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Agree. They still had some success even when facing a stacked box. The one thing that made we wonder was when a couple of times they were in shotgun in non-obvious passing downs. Even when throwing, success was based on the threat of the run. By going shotgun and almost nullifying that threat, you really allow the KC D to play their game instead of chasing yours.
    The opposition taking away what teams like do is what happens in sports. It happen to both teams in the game. The Chiefs eventually sold out to stop the run. They committed the resources necessary to stop the run even though it hurt them in the passing game. It almost cost the Chiefs the game.

Teams can run the ball effectively out of shot gun. KC forced Garopolo to beat them. The opportunities were there for Garopolo. He simply couldn't deliver.

Legend

User Info Menu

that's funny, you were a Shanahan ball washer and now you've turned on him and probably think he should be fired.

why am I not surprised?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Yup. The Shanahan washers are crying in their soup right now.
    We’re there really guys jocking Shanahan? Seems everyone was pulling for Reid for sentimental reasons. I know I was rooting for the Chiefs. Because I didn’t want the 49ers to tie us in rings.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.