Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben's evaluation

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben's evaluation

Big month coming ahead for us ...

Has anyone heard on when Ben is suppose to get evaluated in February?

And what type of evaluation is it? Throw a football? Lift weights?
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Big month coming ahead for us ...

Has anyone heard on when Ben is suppose to get evaluated in February?

And what type of evaluation is it? Throw a football? Lift weights?
    Last I heard, it was first week of Feb. I doubt he's going to throw a paper ball at this point. It's a medical evaluation, which I would guess is X-rays, MRI, range of motion, etc..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is he out of the sling?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Is he out of the sling?
    He's been out for a while. What I'm interested in seeing is how much work he puts into coming back and being in his top form; whatever that may be. He could really energize/inspire everyone if he comes and works hard like a monster and puts in a lot of time with the team in practice.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He's been out for a while. What I'm interested in seeing is how much work he puts into coming back and being in his top form; whatever that may be. He could really energize/inspire everyone if he comes and works hard like a monster and puts in a lot of time with the team in practice.
    Agreed but... I just hope he listens to his doctors/trainers/PTs. Any setback in his recovery at this point would pretty much end next season for him. And probably his career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Uh, why would he change his approach now after 15 yrs?
    He has never been known as a workout warrior and I don't see him changing that at this point.
    Best we can hope is he got a Peloton from the wife at Christmas and she fat shamed him into getting on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Uh, why would he change his approach now after 15 yrs?
    He has never been known as a workout warrior and I don't see him changing that at this point.
    Best we can hope is he got a Peloton from the wife at Christmas and she fat shamed him into getting on it.
    I'm hoping that he realizes how little time he has left and tries to put his best foot forward for the the last year or two of his career. I could be pipe dreaming but that's where I was coming from.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm hoping that he realizes how little time he has left and tries to put his best foot forward for the the last year or two of his career. I could be pipe dreaming but that's where I was coming from.
    That's asking alot he looked like he was riding the wave to retirement...prove me wrong ben lol!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    That's asking alot he looked like he was riding the wave to retirement...prove me wrong ben lol!
    What if he does retire?

Do we eat his cap or does the union/nfl exempt him from our cap? (i think it counts, but help me out)

Is pouncey next with him?

How much do we actually save in cap cuts- where is capt flemming isn't he the cap guy here?

I wonder, why am I looking forward the next chapter( am I the only one? Is because I am just frustrated we never won with the Bs?)... shame on me, Ben is the man! ( knock on wood, get well)
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Either way let's hope ben comes lit ready and slinging. If we can keep the defense intact and add some splid.guys in offense Steelers will be alright... what would it take for teddy b to jump...all though brees was talking retirement lll