Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben's evaluation

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Either way let's hope ben comes lit ready and slinging. If we can keep the defense intact and add some splid.guys in offense Steelers will be alright... what would it take for teddy b to jump...all though brees was talking retirement lll

You know, it might be to late by the time we figure out with what we have with Ben, to sign any free agents who would make a difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a sneaky suspicion Ben is going to Brett Favre is the rest of his career.

No idea how he will look this season but I think he is going to stick around for more than 2 years. Especially if he comes back with a robot arm.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I have a sneaky suspicion Ben is going to Brett Favre is the rest of his career.

No idea how he will look this season but I think he is going to stick around for more than 2 years. Especially if he comes back with a robot arm.
    Would be great if he came back with some kind of "robot arm". My suspicion is it's more like Terry Bradshaw's career end.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Would be great if he came back with some kind of "robot arm". My suspicion is it's more like Terry Bradshaw's career end.
    Wouldn't that be ironic..the two best QBs in franchise history done in by their right elbow

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wouldn't that be ironic..the two best QBs in franchise history done in by their right elbow
    It would indeed. Their careers are strikingly similar.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    medicine has come a long way since Bradshaws injury.

An ACL year used to be a career killer back when Bradshaw player.. now it’s 6 to 8 months.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    medicine has come a long way since Bradshaws injury.

An ACL year used to be a career killer back when Bradshaw player.. now it’s 6 to 8 months.
    Fingers crossed. Baseball pitchers have come back from some bad injuries. Really hoping Ben can give us 2 solid seasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    What if he does retire?

Do we eat his cap or does the union/nfl exempt him from our cap? (i think it counts, but help me out)

Is pouncey next with him?

How much do we actually save in cap cuts- where is capt flemming isn't he the cap guy here?

I wonder, why am I looking forward the next chapter( am I the only one? Is because I am just frustrated we never won with the Bs?)... shame on me, Ben is the man! ( knock on wood, get well)
    If Ben retires, it has the exact same affect on the cap as if he is cut or traded. In this case we are really hoping to get news by March as he has a $12.5M roster bonus due then. If the team finds out prior to this point that he can't go and is done for his career then.....

Cap hit for 2020 is $25M ($12.5M pro rated bonus from 2020 and $12.5M pro rated bonus from 2021). Because of the $12.5M roster bonus in March, there is no benefit to waiting until June and making him a post June 1 cut. Current cap hit for Ben in 2020 is $33.5M so even though the team is forced to eat a $25M hit, there is still a savings of $8.5M in 2020. However, the big savings comes in 2021. If Ben can't go and is cut this season, the '21 cap saves $31.5M.

If he does play this coming season, and the team cuts him next off-season, there is a dead cap hit of $12.5M in 2021, which makes for a savings of $19M against the cap.

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben, like Puxatawney Phil will either see his shadow or his toes on February 2nd. If he sees his shadow, it’s two months until he can throw. If he sees his toes, it’s 8 weeks until he throws.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Ben, like Puxatawney Phil will either see his shadow or his toes on February 2nd. If he sees his shadow, it’s two months until he can throw. If he sees his toes, it’s 8 weeks until he throws.
    We are screwed if he has to look over his gut!