Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: rip Kobe

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OT: rip Kobe

sorry guys, I just can't think of anything else... sad day in sports. Not did we just lose a great athlete, he was a great competitor, and above all a great sports mind.

If you haven't seen his oscar winning sort animated film here it is, here is a comment about it from youtube. "This isn’t just about basketball... this is about chasing after something you’ve fallen in love with as a kid. It’s about chasing a dream you’ve always had, with everything you’ve got. This is a love letter to childhood hopes and dreams."
    <span style="color: rgb(28, 30, 33); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(242, 243, 245);">
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, I'll be the bad guy on here again.
    I'm not into praising some guy that actually raped a young girl just because he was a great bb player.
    I do feel for the family, tho.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can’t imagine the devastation his wife, kids and parents must be feeling this moment.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Yes, I'll be the bad guy on here again.
    I'm not into praising some guy that actually raped a young girl just because he was a great bb player.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-b...ion?ref=scroll

Starter

User Info Menu

Damn.. y’all are trash.

just remember what team and QB you root for and keep that same energy when his day comes.

smh, no wonder the good guys are leaving this place.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Damn.. y’all are trash.

just remember what team and QB you root for and keep that same energy when his day comes.

Who's trash?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dang sad news about Kobe and all the people with him. I thought it was a made up story at first. Hard to believe.

I just learned about 8,000 people die every day in the US. The people that died with Kobe are about .06% of the people that died yesterday.

I also learned that the average person knows 600 people. 600*8k = 4.8m people who were probably impacted by death yesterday. That's about 1.5% of the people in the US or roughly 10 people that you know are dealing with someone dying yesterday.

That's 70 people you know in a week dealing with someone dying. That's over 10% of the people you know that are probably sad this week. And there will be another 10% next week and the week after that. And death sticks with most people for a long time. And that's some funked up stuff to think about.

So what's the point in all of that. Be thankful. Appreciate one another. Love one another. And it's not worth worry about things that don't really matter in life. I appreciate all of you that post on here and entertain me. Thank you and keep making a difference in this world while you are here.

Starter

User Info Menu

If you have to ask...
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you have to ask...
    I did ask, but I'm not surprised by your answer.
    If I'm trash because I don't idolize a 24 year old, married sports figure that violently raped a teenage girl, so be it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Damn.. y’all are trash.

I am not going to defend him, he was accused, was settled in civil court. That is his demons. Only God can judge him.
    But sounds a lot like Big Ben's shady past. Which also Ben's demons.

I can't understand it either, why the disrespect and classlessness. Do people just come on here to argue?

Even when you know its wrong to make a this post, "Yes, I'll be the bad guy on here again." You still do it, Why? What do you win or prove by being a cancer, negative effect on everyone.

I don't want to point any fingers, but please everyone think before you post. Stick to your thoughts, conterpost, that is what makes these forums great. Agree to Disagree, but don't make it personal....
    Is it worth making people upset? Does it contribute to the make the conversation better. It is just a stupid internet forum.

(everyone has a right to speak, but you also have the right to chose to be respectful and with class keep thoughts to yourself.)

Mamba out!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."