Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Senior Bowl

And here we go...

Let's get an early look to see who are the next Steelers.https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...-draft-2020/6/

There are a few names on that list who keep on reappearing in Mocks I see for us.

I usually read, but find useless info in the steelerwire, but today I seen two articles that I actually like. ( is there a change in writers?)
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

8 players to watch for the Steelers at the 2020 Senior Bowl

by Curt Popejoy

This week, the entirety of the NFL world – teams and media alike – will descend on Mobile, Alabama for the biggest college all-star game of the offseason: the Reese’s Senior Bowl. This is the premier event for top draft prospects to show what they can do in a practice setting run by NFL coaches. In terms of the NFL draft evaluation process, it doesn’t get much bigger than this.

Without a first-round pick, it is vital for the Pittsburgh Steelers to properly evaluate the prospects to be sure they don’t miss on that all-important second-round pick. Here are eight players for the Steelers to watch this week in Mobile.

to read rest of article:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...fl-draft-2020/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    8 players to watch for the Steelers at the 2020 Senior Bowl

by Curt Popejoy

This week, the entirety of the NFL world – teams and media alike – will descend on Mobile, Alabama for the biggest college all-star game of the offseason: the Reese’s Senior Bowl. This is the premier event for top draft prospects to show what they can do in a practice setting run by NFL coaches. In terms of the NFL draft evaluation process, it doesn’t get much bigger than this.

Without a first-round pick, it is vital for the Pittsburgh Steelers to properly evaluate the prospects to be sure they don’t miss on that all-important second-round pick. Here are eight players for the Steelers to watch this week in Mobile.

to read rest of article:

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...fl-draft-2020/
    I like Bredeson and Trautman as 3rd and 4th round guys respectively. Gallimore could go before our 2nd round pick. He's a tank.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I like Bredeson and Trautman as 3rd and 4th round guys respectively. Gallimore could go before our 2nd round pick. He's a tank.
    Bredeson's arm length is only 31 1/2", doesn't that scare you off a bit?

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl/weighin/OL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Give BEN his TE - Ben needs a TE for his final 2 yrs.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Bredeson's arm length is only 31 1/2", doesn't that scare you off a bit?

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl/weighin/OL
    Not so much at Guard. Joe Thomas had 32.5" arms and is probably the best LT of the last 20 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Give BEN his TE - Ben needs a TE for his final 2 yrs.
    Gotta plan now for life without Roethlisberger. That means reestablishing the run game, OL or RB. (And btw, should help Roethlisberger in his last years)

Administrator

User Info Menu

We need a RB and TE desperately. A WR would be a next best option.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    We need a RB and TE desperately. A WR would be a next best option.
    I agree, we need to upgrade our OL and provide Ben with some more weapons at the skill positions...

Legend

User Info Menu

2020 Senior Bowl, Day 1: Javon Kinlaw shines; a DE for Patriots?

By Chase Goodbread and Lance Zierlein NFL.com
    Published: Jan. 21, 2020

MOBILE, Ala. -- With Reese's Senior Bowl practices getting underway on Tuesday, 100-plus prospects for the 2020 NFL Draft are in the midst of a crucial job interview. NFL.com's Lance Zierlein and Chase Goodbread provide a look at standouts from Day 1, as well as notes from the player media day held on Tuesday.

Tune in for one-hour 2020 Senior Bowl Practice recap shows Tuesday, Jan. 21-Thursday, Jan. 23 at 8 p.m. ET on NFL Network and watch the Senior Bowl game live on NFL Network as well as the NFL and Network apps at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Jan. 25.

Five stars from Day 1 of Senior Bowl practice

Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina. Kinlaw was ruining people during Tuesday's practice. His length and size were just too much for the competition, and he played with a lot of momentum. He projects as a first-round pick. The question is, how early will he be picked in the opening stanza? He measured 6-foot-5 and 315 pounds with an 84-inch wingspan on Tuesday morning, so just walking across the stage at the weigh-in pushed him up the board. This guy has some rare physical traits. If he convinces teams he can rush the passer during the pre-draft process, he can push himself toward the first half of Round 1.

Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic. No one could guard Bryant out here. When I watched his tape from the 2019 season opener against Ohio State (6 catches for 79 yards), it was easy to see that he can play against high-level talent. He did the same thing at practice on Tuesday. In one-on-one matchups, he dominated. He can split out wide, play him from the slot, in-line or at H-back. I think he's going to keep making himself money and lock in as a top-40 pick.

Jason Strowbridge, DE, North Carolina. All I could think of standing next to Bill Belichick on the sideline on Tuesday while watching Strowbridge was Deatrich Wise. The former Tar Heel looks like a Patriots pass rusher. Wise went to the Pats in the fourth round in 2017. A lot of times you'll see guys with traits who are kind of raw go in that round, and Strowbridge might fit that mold. He's tough. He's physical. And he helped himself on Tuesday. His North team is being coached this week by the Lions' Matt Patricia, Belichick's former D-coordinator. So who knows? Maybe Detroit and New England will both be targeting him come April.

Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin. I knew coming into this week, based on my tape study, that Baun can dip and rip and get around the corner. I wanted to see him use counters this week, and on Tuesday, he had a spin counter that was fantastic. He played on the line and off the ball during practice, showing his versatility. I expected him to have a good week and I think he's off to a really good start.

Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty. Gandy-Golden had some moments on the Ladd-Peebles Stadium field today. He showed he belonged. That's the one thing you want to see right off the bat with a small-school guy like him. You could tell that he was not intimidated by the big stage. I was really impressed by the way he blocked, too.

-- Lance Zierlein

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-for-patriots