Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA running backs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

FA running backs

What would your thoughts be if, we had cap space (4-5 M) would you go after these FA running backs to compete for #1 RB with Conner and Snell, and avoid draftig a RB in the draft:

Josh Howard, Philly 25 yrs
    Drake, AZ 26yrs
    Booker, Den 28 years
    Crowell, Oak 27 years
    Barber, TB 26years old

other untendered RFA/ERFA or cap cuts

For example, there might be even some untendered RFA/ERFA or cap cuts that are not available in SF they have too much money tied up RB Breida, Wilson (especially with Coleman $$$) ... Wow I forgot that they had McKinnon also... those F****ers are deep!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    What would your thoughts be if, we had cap space (4-5 M) would you go after these FA running backs to compete for #1 RB with Conner and Snell, and avoid draftig a RB in the draft:

Josh Howard, Philly 25 yrs
    Drake, AZ 26yrs
    Booker, Den 28 years
    Crowell, Oak 27 years
    Barber, TB 26years old

other untendered RFA/ERFA or cap cuts

For example, there might be even some untendered RFA/ERFA or cap cuts that are not available in SF they have too much money tied up RB Breida, Wilson (especially with Coleman $$$) ... Wow I forgot that they had McKinnon also... those F****ers are deep!
    Kenyan Drake would be a nice addition to the stable, but I'm afraid he will be demanding more than 4-5 M per. Cards have indicated they're going to try to keep him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Kenyan Drake would be a nice addition to the stable, but I'm afraid he will be demanding more than 4-5 M per. Cards have indicated they're going to try to keep him.
    Drake would be sweet

Backup

User Info Menu

I wouldn’t mind any of them to our stable of RBs. That said, if we somehow have an extra 4-5m of cap space it will mean we’ve done a lot of cutting to get there, creating large holes elsewhere. Going into this s past season, we were happy with our young cheap backs, had just come off a season where we scored a team record number of TDs, and thought that our D and ST were the culprits. Both the D (hugely improved) and the ST ( much better than the previous year, excepting Berry’s punting in December) did their part. Losing Ben and that other WR (I forget his name) killed our offense, plain and simple. I don’t think his elbow was right coming into the season and the fact we ended up 8-8 is a tribute to our D and ST (through the end of November, anyway). They kept our offense in every game. If I could get a better veteran backup QB for that 4-5m, that’s a place you could spend it.

That said, I’m spending money keeping this D together and improving the OL. RB can wait until we have a crisis.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Since were up against the cap at this time I would say drafting a back late is more likely. Fortunately for us this is a year where the rb class is rather deep and finding someone late or even as a f/a who could help is very possible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Drake would be sweet
    Drake would be the one.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

here is the full list with them having their market value for some players https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age.../running-back/
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention mostart in the SF stable...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Forgot to mention mostart in the SF stable...
    He’s an attention grabber. If we got our O-line play up to snuff, he’d look real nice in black & gold.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we had extra money I'd improve our oline and draft a rb early.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.