Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: PFF top 50 FA

  1. #11
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    They suggested Henry is a product of his environment. Similar to other FA RBs. He also offers very little in the passing game. Backs like Henry are buyer beware. Big, physical, fast, and are huge targets for defenders. A team will probably over pay for him but that team probably won't get the same results. Can a team count on him to remain healthy as he takes a beating?

    He would be a good pick up under the right contract structure.
    A Heisman Trophy winner is a product of his environment. Gotta love how they treat some players who produce.

    Football is a team sport. Every FA is buyer beware. Nothing is guaranteed but all you can go by is past performance.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A Heisman Trophy winner is a product of his environment. Gotta love how they treat some players who produce.

    Football is a team sport. Every FA is buyer beware. Nothing is guaranteed but all you can go by is past performance.
    I am all for signing RBs. There needs to be a proper salary structure because of the increased risk of injury to the RB position.

  3. #13
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I am all for signing RBs. There needs to be a proper salary structure because of the increased risk of injury to the RB position.
    It’s already in place. Only 3 RB’s make over 13 mill a year.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-15-2020 at 10:42 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A Heisman Trophy winner is a product of his environment. Gotta love how they treat some players who produce.

    Football is a team sport. Every FA is buyer beware. Nothing is guaranteed but all you can go by is past performance.
    ......unless you have this:


  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It’s already in place. Only 3 RB’s make over 13 mill a year.
    It all depends on how the contract is structured and not how much RBs make per year. Rbs have the highest injury rates and shortest careers out of any players.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I wonder what Larry Fitzgerald would need to come and play for the Steelers for a season with an option for a second if he does well? I think he would be a nice slot receiver to help Juju and Washington on the outside.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 - Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU
    3rd Comp - Bradlee Anae, OLB, Utah
    4.99 - Logan Stenberg, G, Kentuckuy
    4.114 - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
    6.179 - Benito Jones, NT, Ole Miss
    7.210 - Blake Gilliken, P, PSU

  7. #17
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I wonder what Larry Fitzgerald would need to come and play for the Steelers for a season with an option for a second if he does well? I think he would be a nice slot receiver to help Juju and Washington on the outside.

    Pappy
    would be a nice way to end his career playing on his college field.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I wonder what Larry Fitzgerald would need to come and play for the Steelers for a season with an option for a second if he does well? I think he would be a nice slot receiver to help Juju and Washington on the outside.

    Pappy
    I'm not sure why he would want to.
    I think he prides himself on finishing with the team he stated with.
    I'm sure he has lots of irons in the fire over all those years.
    The fans love him and I'm sure they would be devastated if he left for no good reason.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm not sure why he would want to.
    I think he prides himself on finishing with the team he stated with.
    I'm sure he has lots of irons in the fire over all those years.
    The fans love him and I'm sure they would be devastated if he left for no good reason.
    He does pride himself on staying with the Cardinals. He came to peace with the idea of never winning a championship a while ago.
    It's all about be an ambassador for that team/franchise now for him. Never know; he could have a front office future with them as well.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He does pride himself on staying with the Cardinals. He came to peace with the idea of never winning a championship a while ago.
    It's all about be an ambassador for that team/franchise now for him. Never know; he could have a front office future with them as well.
    There were a couple times in his career that he probably thought they were on the verge of winning something but I'm sure money, stability and his outside endeavors made it easy to stay.
    Like I've said before, most players don't care about winning.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •