Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers hire QB Coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I think the point pappy was making is that if the O performs well next year then Canada will become a hot commodity to move up somewhere else as Fichtner will have bought himself more time in Pittsburgh.
    He can move up if the offense takes off; right into Fichtner's position.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Why? Ben won't be around much longer, even if he wins us ring number 7 next year. Someone has to develop a replacement.
    Because the article about him indicates that he's designed offenses, not just coaching QBs. Hey, I it's a good thing to have someone that talented handling the QBs but he'll be one and done if the Steelers are successful and Ben/Mason play well, imo.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 - Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU
    3rd Comp - Bradlee Anae, OLB, Utah
    4.99 - Logan Stenberg, G, Kentuckuy
    4.114 - Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
    6.179 - Benito Jones, NT, Ole Miss
    7.210 - Blake Gilliken, P, PSU

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Because the article about him indicates that he's designed offenses, not just coaching QBs. Hey, I it's a good thing to have someone that talented handling the QBs but he'll be one and done if the Steelers are successful and Ben/Mason play well, imo.

Pappy
    Wouldn't it be something if he could bring back the MR that was at Oklahoma St? The gunslinger.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

After reading up on this guy, I am convinced there is more to this hiring than meets the eye.
    Regardless of the players I think the staff recognized the playcalling was substandard all season. This guy will gain Tomlin's ear at some point and you'll see Canada's influence pretty quickly.

Then Fichnter will get his walking papers when Roethlisberger retires.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    After reading up on this guy, I am convinced there is more to this hiring than meets the eye.
    Regardless of the players I think the staff recognized the playcalling was substandard all season. This guy will gain Tomlin's ear at some point and you'll see Canada's influence pretty quickly.

I hope your right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Like I said earlier thai is about getting MR to be our next QB. Indicates the organization believes in Rudolph

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like I said earlier thai is about getting MR to be our next QB. Indicates the organization believes in Rudolph
    That's nice, but I hope they have a contingency plan in case Ben can't come back and Rudolph doesn't pan out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Film Room: How Matt Canada Will Impact The Steelersí Offense

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on January 16, 2020

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/01/fi...elers-offense/

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this could be very similar to hiring Teryl Austin on defense last year. Add another strong coach into the mix. He has the title of QB coach, but I think/hope he'll be heavily involved in the game planning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think this could be very similar to hiring Teryl Austin on defense last year. Add another strong coach into the mix. He has the title of QB coach, but I think/hope he'll be heavily involved in the game planning.
    Yep. Just like Munchak was the OL coach but it was well known that he also was involved in gameplanning.