Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shell makes Hall of Fame

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Looks like the Steelers will be playing the first PS game in Canton in August.
    With 2 Steelers going in and still counting, you can bank on it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Looks like the Steelers will be playing the first PS game in Canton in August.
    Rooney thinks so.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm old enough to have watched him play. Had big time game and a great special teamer as well. Deserving for sure. Man that 74 class was incredible.

Legend

User Info Menu

51 INTs and 19 fumbles recovered, he was responsible for 1 turnover every 3 games. I'll never understand why he wasn't elected via the normal election process. At the time of his retirement I think he was the all time leader in turnovers for safeties or in the top 3. He deserves this more than most that have waited for so long. I'm glad he's still alive to enjoy the enshrinement. Cheers to 'The Torpedo'!

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

2.49 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    3.102 - Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    4.124 - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
    4.135 - Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette
    6.198 - Antoine Brooks Jr, S, Maryland
    7.232 - Carlos Davis, DL, Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No one else played the game like him
    He was a tough SOB for sure.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    With 2 Steelers going in and still counting, you can bank on it
    We need all the reps we can get.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He could stick some azz. For those too young to see him, he could be counted on for a Ryan Shazier-like stick every weekend. From the safety position, no less.

Legend

User Info Menu

... just saw the twitter feed on Drew Pearson not getting in... that's a damn shame. If anyone remembers he was a great one for DAL in the '70s. There are some Steelers that could be in the same boat going forward.