Thread: offseason '18 vs'19 vs '20 Fate of the B's

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

offseason '18 vs'19 vs '20 Fate of the B's

It might seem as this off season seems so quiet and slow. It feels like an eternity since our last game, but it has been only a month ago.

Two years ago in '18 we had the long going debate about Bell... or did that actually start in the preseason. We survived with Conner, but did we really come on top with out Bell. I hate doing this, but what if we caved into Bell, and he played for us in'19? Playoffs? Superbowl? A legit TE instead of Snell. ... sure we can say no Fitz, and cap hell!

Of course last year we had end of the season rants on how we missed the playoffs and mostly the idiot AB to keep us occupied. Was it this time this year that AB finally spoke to the Rooney's that sealed his fate? So began life with out AB. ( I don't want to do what ifs with him, he lost the plot, not even playing in the league)

I guess we should enjoy the silence this year , but I am afraid that in 2 weeks or so, Steeler nation will be going crazy. That is the time frame we test the fate of Ben, when he tests his arm. So knock on wood, ftou, ftou. ftou ( spit 3 times- keeps evil eye away-jinx away), hopefully the news is positive. And if so I wonder how accurate the tests will be to project his recovery percentage, his availability and his durablitly. And how honest are they going to be with the press.

But if not... where do we go? Could we begin a new era... going into the offseason with life without Ben?
    Last edited by steeler_george; 01-15-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

As a fan right now, you gotta be able to go with whichever way things roll.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.