Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Draft names to start looking at......

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Draft names to start looking at......

    By NO means is this a complete list but these are some guys I think the Steelers should be looking at for April. Guys I like off the top of my head and names to know

    Round 2
    Jalen Hurts-QB-Oklahoma
    Nick Harris-C-Wash
    JK Dobbins-RB-Ohio St
    Chuba Hubbard-RB-Oklahoma St.
    Brycen Hopkins-TE-Purdue
    Klavon Chaison-Edge-LSU (only if can't get Bud done)

    Round 3 Comp
    Devin Duvernay-WR-Texas
    Troy Dye-MLB-Oregon
    Michael Pitman Jr-WR-USC
    Hunter Bryant-TE-Wash
    Jared Pinkney-TE-Vandy
    LLoyd Cushenberry-C-LSU
    Curtis Weaver-Edge-Boise St


    Round 4
    Collin Johnson-WR-Texas
    Paddy Fisher-MLB-Northwestern
    Denzel Mims-WR-Baylor
    Jalen Raegor-WR-TCU
    Harrison Bryant-TE-FAU
    Colby Parkinson-TE-Stanford

    Round 6
    LaMical Perine-RB-Florida
    Trey Sermon-RB-Oklahoma
    Kendrick Rogers-WR/TE-Texas A&M
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 01-10-2020 at 09:20 PM.





  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Jones ot
    Wanagho it
    Fromm QB
    Harris rb
    Etienne rb
    I
    With our first couple picks too.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Key, I always like your draft input.

    I noticed that you skip or avoid the OL besides center, where as I think it is a priority to upgrade the trenches (starters/depth). Same as DL...I would even add a sneaky draft consideration, another safety and ILB ( we kind of have no depth there, probably 2nd to TE)

    I know it is just an early list.... thanks Bro!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Key, I always like your draft input.

    I noticed that you skip or avoid the OL besides center, where as I think it is a priority to upgrade the trenches (starters/depth). Same as DL...I would even add a sneaky draft consideration, another safety and ILB ( we kind of have no depth there, probably 2nd to TE)

    I know it is just an early list.... thanks Bro!
    Probably not going to be able to upgrade either Tackle spot with the draft this year. Decastro is a top 5 guard. LG will most likely be upgraded from in house. Pouncey is on his last legs. I think he should take a pay cut. I see Center as the value in this draft.





  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I keep coming back to this thread. (as I said before I really like your draft insight)

    Is there a player who would be available to us, let me rephrase that, is there any position available, where a rookie can come in and plug and play?

    Like in previous years, Watt, Edmunds, Bush....

    TE is only position I can think of, but they all seem to be projects.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I keep coming back to this thread. (as I said before I really like your draft insight)

    Is there a player who would be available to us, let me rephrase that, is there any position available, where a rookie can come in and plug and play?

    Like in previous years, Watt, Edmunds, Bush....

    TE is only position I can think of, but they all seem to be projects.
    None of the TE's are locks. Which is why Iike Harrison Bryant in the 4th. RB's like Dobbins and Hubbard would probably slot in above Conner early in the season. A round 2 OL could possibly jump in and start also.





  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    After watching Henry exploding again ( he went off end of last year too) in the late part of the season and in the playoffs, I want a RB!

    I am sold( period) We need a dominate RB that just takes over. Tanahill has only 30 attempts in last 2 games, ( 14 against Ravens)
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    After watching Henry exploding again ( he went off end of last year too) in the late part of the season and in the playoffs, I want a RB!

    I am sold( period) We need a dominate RB that just takes over. Tanahill has only 30 attempts in last 2 games, ( 14 against Ravens)
    one could also argue that we need to draft another OL or two, the Titans dominated the line of scrimmage,

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    After watching Henry exploding again ( he went off end of last year too) in the late part of the season and in the playoffs, I want a RB!

    I am sold( period) We need a dominate RB that just takes over. Tanahill has only 30 attempts in last 2 games, ( 14 against Ravens)
    I see the logic in what your saying. Take pressure off of an aged qb by having a dominant run game. Pairing that with a good defense is a winning formula.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I see the logic in what your saying. Take pressure off of an aged qb by having a dominant run game. Pairing that with a good defense is a winning formula.
    Also works for a young QB that doesn't have a lot of game experience, aka Rudolph, because odds are very good he will be starting a couple games next season. Ref. Tannehill's playoff passing stats.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 01-12-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •