Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe judge would be excellent addition to our coaching staff

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Better QB.. better OL play.
    Better RB.. better OL play.
    I'm a firm believer in line play determines success. Better OL improves both passing and running game.
    A great QB can mask a weak OL but the Steelers are in danger of not having a great QB in the near future.
    Invest in big uglies.

Legend

User Info Menu

looks like Joe Judge is going to be the new HC of the NY Giants.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    That's quite a bit of good experience for a coach who is only 38
    Really? Dude really looks old for his age:

Oh wait...Joe Judge...not Judge Joe....nevermind

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm a firm believer in line play determines success. Better OL improves both passing and running game.
    A great QB can mask a weak OL but the Steelers are in danger of not having a great QB in the near future.
    Invest in big uglies.
    I know they can get better, but it looks like both our backup QBs aren't good at making decisions quickly when under fire.

And we don't have lots of OL depth.

I think we'll have a "boring" draft where we don't draft skill players and go big uglies with the picks we have (49, 114, 117, 137, 145, 179, 210). And probably something ~ 100 for Bell.

If there's no clear cut BPA at 49, I hope we have the opportunity to trade down a bit and pick up another lottery ticket.

With no natural round 1 or 3 pick, it's hard to see this draft being all that impactful. And we probably won't sign any big UFAs (unless we can get Bud).

It will be a pretty boring off season all around. But (1) the D should still be good with TJ, Fitz, and Bush (hopefully Bud too), and (2) even a half-decent Ben should make the O look better (crosses fingers and toes).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I know they can get better, but it looks like both our backup QBs aren't good at making decisions quickly when under fire.

And we don't have lots of OL depth.

I think we'll have a "boring" draft where we don't draft skill players and go big uglies with the picks we have (49, 114, 117, 137, 145, 179, 210). And probably something ~ 100 for Bell.

If there's no clear cut BPA at 49, I hope we have the opportunity to trade down a bit and pick up another lottery ticket.

With no natural round 1 or 3 pick, it's hard to see this draft being all that impactful. And we probably won't sign any big UFAs (unless we can get Bud).

It will be a pretty boring off season all around. But (1) the D should still be good with TJ, Fitz, and Bush (hopefully Bud too), and (2) even a half-decent Ben should make the O look better (crosses fingers and toes).
    Money post. Big uglies first 2 picks if the value is there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Joe Judge is now the Giants Head Coach.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Really? Dude really looks old for his age:

Oh wait...Joe Judge...not Judge Joe....nevermind
    Judge Judy is available. Hear she doesn't take any crap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Money post. Big uglies first 2 picks if the value is there.
    I’m not opposed to that.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No wonder why Giants hired him on the spot. Just saw his presser, he sounds the real deal, he got me believing!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    No wonder why Giants hired him on the spot. Just saw his presser, he sounds the real deal, he got me believing!
    Didn’t see the presser but I believe this was a reach because they whiffed on Matt Rhule.

Will be interesting to see if he has it. Giants have been crappy at hiring HC’s lately.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?