Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Joe judge would be excellent addition to our coaching staff

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Joe judge would be excellent addition to our coaching staff

    Some of you likely already know who he is. Born in Pa he has coached at Alabama from 09-11 and with NE since 2012. He would be a major upgrade imho over Danny Smith. In addition when we lost coach Drake we took a major hit. I know a bunch of guys on here said the loss of Munchak hurt and they were right but the loss of coach Drake was also a major set back. Nothing against Ray Sherman.
    Judge also is a wr coach and there is the second reason he fits so well. And if one could look ahead perhaps a future OC and perhaps even more. Championship filled resume under Saben n BB n 5 or so titles under his belt. Guy is only 38 as well. Now he's going to get interest around the league and perhaps someone wants him in their top spot sooner rather than later. Not sure about that but we have a few major needs n this guy would be an excellent fit to upgrade us in more than just one area.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Some of you likely already know who he is. Born in Pa he has coached at Alabama from 09-11 and with NE since 2012. He would be a major upgrade imho over Danny Smith. In addition when we lost coach Drake we took a major hit. I know a bunch of guys on here said the loss of Munchak hurt and they were right but the loss of coach Drake was also a major set back. Nothing against Ray Sherman.
    Judge also is a wr coach and there is the second reason he fits so well. And if one could look ahead perhaps a future OC and perhaps even more. Championship filled resume under Saben n BB n 5 or so titles under his belt. Guy is only 38 as well. Now he's going to get interest around the league and perhaps someone wants him in their top spot sooner rather than later. Not sure about that but we have a few major needs n this guy would be an excellent fit to upgrade us in more than just one area.
    That's quite a bit of good experience for a coach who is only 38

    I had completely forgotten about the loss of Munchak, but yep....the OLine was nowhere near what they had been the past few years

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Some of you likely already know who he is. Born in Pa he has coached at Alabama from 09-11 and with NE since 2012. He would be a major upgrade imho over Danny Smith. In addition when we lost coach Drake we took a major hit. I know a bunch of guys on here said the loss of Munchak hurt and they were right but the loss of coach Drake was also a major set back. Nothing against Ray Sherman.
    Judge also is a wr coach and there is the second reason he fits so well. And if one could look ahead perhaps a future OC and perhaps even more. Championship filled resume under Saben n BB n 5 or so titles under his belt. Guy is only 38 as well. Now he's going to get interest around the league and perhaps someone wants him in their top spot sooner rather than later. Not sure about that but we have a few major needs n this guy would be an excellent fit to upgrade us in more than just one area.
    I’m on board; because I don’t believe for a minute that all of a sudden our entire O-line just went belly up. Our line play was bad because we didn’t adequately replace Munchak.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I’m on board; because I don’t believe for a minute that all of a sudden our entire O-line just went belly up. Our line play was bad because we didn’t adequately replace Munchak.
    Sadly, it hasn't been all of a sudden. There is a stat called success rate that is telling on the decline. Looking at the Steelers success rate over league average for rushing in particular has been on a multiyear slide (while Munchak was still here):

    2016 = 5.8% SROA
    2017 = 3.4%
    2018 = 0.3%
    2019 = -4.4%

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sadly, it hasn't been all of a sudden. There is a stat called success rate that is telling on the decline. Looking at the Steelers success rate over league average for rushing in particular has been on a multiyear slide (while Munchak was still here):

    2016 = 5.8% SROA
    2017 = 3.4%
    2018 = 0.3%
    2019 = -4.4%
    So you are saying that you are sold on Sarrett?
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sadly, it hasn't been all of a sudden. There is a stat called success rate that is telling on the decline. Looking at the Steelers success rate over league average for rushing in particular has been on a multiyear slide (while Munchak was still here):

    2016 = 5.8% SROA
    2017 = 3.4%
    2018 = 0.3%
    2019 = -4.4%
    Well, it was now to a point that it was noticeable to everyone.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 01-01-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Redskins fired Bill Callahan ... he might be a good hire for us as an OL coach

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Redskins fired Bill Callahan ... he might be a good hire for us as an OL coach
    Good looking out.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    So you are saying that you are sold on Sarrett?
    J think he's saying that the players are declining

    It was probably more noticeable with terrible QBs
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Better QB.. better OL play.
    Better RB.. better OL play.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •