Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The 9 highest paid

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Link please
    I too would like to see that.
    If I remember, Bell said the Steelers inquired. I gotta believe Bell was lying to try to make himself look special and make it look like the Steelers wish they offered more money to keep him.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Link please
    Lots of links are out there but all are quotes from Bell.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Lots of links are out there but all are quotes from Bell.
    yeah, Bell said that and the Steelers may have very well inquired but there was never any confirmation by anyone else.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Last edited by Buzz; 01-02-2020 at 01:11 AM.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Well,

    Got to take that as a sign that Colbert/Tomlin are not satisfied with our starting runningbacks. Got to expect some additions made in the off-season.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    With Bell seemingly unwilling to "Rework" his deal... or take a pay cut, he may very well be out of the league soon.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well,

    Got to take that as a sign that Colbert/Tomlin are not satisfied with our starting runningbacks. Got to expect some additions made in the off-season.
    In week 8 of the season I would take it as a move to still get into the playoffs and make the team better at RB, not that the Steelers are dissatisfied with the RBs. I'm happy it didn't happen, not because I don't like Bell but because his salary would almost certainly preclude signing Bud Dupree who I would rather have on the team than a good to great RB.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    2.49 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    3.102 - Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    4.124 - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
    4.135 - Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette
    6.198 - Antoine Brooks Jr, S, Maryland
    7.232 - Carlos Davis, DL, Nebraska

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I like Schefter but his "info" is not real reliable.
    It could have went down like this tho. "Hey Jets. If you take on 90% of Bell's contract, we'll give you a 5th rounder for him".
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I like Schefter but his "info" is not real reliable.
    It could have went down like this tho. "Hey Jets. If you take on 90% of Bell's contract, we'll give you a 5th rounder for him".
    Unless he was lying about his sources (which he could be), I would think the info would be reliable.
    As far as the offer you mentioned, Steelers wouldn't even bother making such an offer because they know the Jets would never entertain it (unless Bell had been arrested, screwed the owner's wife, etc.).
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-02-2020 at 11:24 AM.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Unless he was lying about his sources (which he could be), I would think the info would be reliable.
    As far as the offer you mentioned, Steelers wouldn't even bother making such an offer because they know the Jets would never entertain it (unless Bell had been arrested, screwed the owner's wife, etc.).
    Ok, the offer was tongue in cheek, but with no money and no picks, what type of trade offer do you really think was talked about then?
    I'm not buying it happened.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •