Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: so at #52 o do we draft

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I doubt we go TE early. We didn’t use Vance when we had him.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Hargrave isn't signing with the Steelers. He made that clear when he said he wanted to test the FA market.

Remember, last off-season Colbert said Hargrave would be a top priority and that changed after Hargrave's comment and the priority shifted to Haden.

Hargrave will be a significant loss but Dupree needs to be the priority now. Can't lose both.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Hargrave isn't signing with the Steelers. He made that clear when he said he wanted to test the FA market.

Remember, last off-season Colbert said Hargrave would be a top priority and that changed after Hargrave's comment and the priority shifted to Haden.

Hargrave will be a significant loss but Dupree needs to be the priority now. Can't lose both.
    Agreed.
    We can't lose him and replace him with a second rounder or chick.
    Hilton will be another loss.
    We are in a tough spot with so much money tied up in aging players with nothing on the current roster to the replace them.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Testing FA is a lot different than losing to FA. All players IMO should test it to see what market worth is. We may lose him but we may not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hurts would be a very poor pick in our situation.

I agree. What did you see from Hurts against LSU that indicates he is a difference maker?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. What did you see from Hurts against LSU that indicates he is a difference maker?
    None. I’m sure some will start with the Lamar Jackson comparisons but they’re totally different QBs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The next time we draft our franchise qb, it better be in the first round.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

With Tuitt coming back next year will Hargrave really be missed all that much? Problem is that Hayward, Alualu, and Tuitt are all getting old.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Agreed.
    We can't lose him and replace him with a second rounder or chick.
    Hilton will be another loss.
    We are in a tough spot with so much money tied up in aging players with nothing on the current roster to the replace them.
    Very tough.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I doubt we go TE early. We didn’t use Vance when we had him.
    This .......

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.