Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: so at #52 o do we draft

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    We arent trading Juju. In fact, now may be the time to extend him (while his stock is down). That kid is a winner...and with Ben back (assuming hes back) Juju will return to form

Yeah I know, and you are right he is a winner!

Was just a hasty post and thinking of ways to get either a 1st or high 2nd draft pick.

We only have 3 Wr who are actually note worthy... Juju, DJ18, JW13... the rest are practice squad.

Sheesh, I just got more depresed!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Yeah I know, and you are right he is a winner!

Was just a hasty post and thinking of ways to get either a 1st or high 2nd draft pick.

We only have 3 Wr who are actually note worthy... Juju, DJ18, JW13... the rest are practice squad.

Sheesh, I just got more depresed!
    i hear ya.. i see us being a fringe team at best for the next several years. Baltimore is here to stay im afraid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Doesn’t have to be a sexy pick in the second.

I would go OL if the value is there.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    We arent trading Juju. In fact, now may be the time to extend him (while his stock is down). That kid is a winner...and with Ben back (assuming hes back) Juju will return to form
    No guarantee Ben will be back to form. I would hold off on extending JuJu.

Legend

User Info Menu

We need to get a more accomplished
    O-line coach and still inject some youth in that O-line in the second round.

Adding a runningback with more athleticism and an extra gear could also help in the 3rd round.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Administrator

User Info Menu

TE, RB need to be the two priorities.

WR, OL depth, and someone to push Edmunds (who sucks) would be next.

That assumes we sign Dupree which is something we need to do.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah... the need at TE is real.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Doesn’t have to be a sexy pick in the second.

I would go OL if the value is there.
    My biggest worry would be the Steelers load up on skill position players in the draft just to appease Roethlisberger. This is NOT what they should be doing. They should start building the foundation for his departure. Roethlisberger needs to win with the skill players they had this season. The only exception might be TE if there is a beast available at their pick. Otherwise OL, DL, yet another safety (Edmunds ain't it).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

TIGHT END, TIGHT END, TIGHT END!!
    Please Please Please Give this Offense a Legit TE.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bud? Vance? Foster? Barron? Hargrave? What is their future here? Right now we don't know.
    If it was up to me we keep Bud n Hargrave. The others may have to go because of financial reasons. Too, their best football is likely behind them. So be it.