Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin -- NOT the Coach of the Year

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Weather you do or don’t... doesn’t madder to me.
    AB, is that you?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Save yourself and us the pain and just quit being a fan now. We don't want to see you suffer
    Wah wah, quit trying to run me off the board.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ruthless was a valuable contributor to this board, unlike your bestie...
    Agree 100%. The board is worse without him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Wah wah, quit trying to run me off the board.
    this can’t be Squid.

That dude had much better snark.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hawaiian isn’t bringing anything to these rooms. cries in every thread.. everyday. About someone I ran out. Somebody que up the movie,” endless love”. Hahahahahaha
    hey Steel Moron,

since you have me blocked then you wouldn't be able to know whether or not I bring anything to this board or not, now would you?

I realize this is what you did to get Ruthless to leave but I warn you, it won't work on me. it only makes me more resolute than ever, I'm not leaving and I will haunt you until the day you either apologize or leave this board yourself...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Art II is the weakest Rooney BY FAR...Sucked again, " almost " made the playoffs again, excuses, the .500 thing, and the we've only had 3 Coaches in 182 years thing...WooPee, We're the Steelers, Stability, Steeler Way, Blah Blah Blah
    Agreed. It's apparent that Art II still has Tomlin's balls hanging from his chin.

I also don't like how we don't really have a dedicated GM right now.

What are the Rooney's doing?!?

If your GM/Director of Football Operations is thinking about retirement or moving on then he essentially has one foot out the door. You can't have that. Make a move, Art! And by move, I don't mean tickling Tomlin's nuts.

I've never been less interested in the team than I have been the last few years. I've actually turned the TV off midway thru the game a few times because it's embarrassing to watch.
    Last edited by steelz09; 01-21-2020 at 09:23 PM.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

The mystery lasted little more than 24 hours, when Art Rooney II told Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, ďAt this stage of the game, heís really not looking to do any long-term planning. We talked and we agreed heíd rather wait till after the season to talk about the contract.Ē

This of course led to speculation about Kevin Colbertís standing in the organization. Colbert however quickly clarified the situation, going on Steelers.com to confirm that he has no plans to leave the organization nor is he angling towards transitioning out of his current role. At age 62, however, heís simply not making long-term plans.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

So, he doesnt plan on leaving the Steelers but doesn't want to make any commitmen. Hmmm. Sounds wishy washy to me.

If you aren't planning on leaving then why wouldn't you make a commitment? He's talking in circles like an attorney.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Agreed. It's apparent that Art II still has Tomlin's balls hanging from his chin.

I also don't like how we don't really have a dedicated GM right now.

What are the Rooney's doing?!?

If your GM/Director of Football Operations is thinking about retirement or moving on then he essentially has one foot out the door. You can't have that. Make a move, Art! And by move, I don't mean tickling Tomlin's nuts.

I've never been less interested in the team than I have been the last few years. I've actually turned the TV off midway thru the game a few times because it's embarrassing to watch.
    Yep!! Art hasnít figured out a lot of things yet so we will just be one of the teams in the nfl for a while. Itís cool; we are not going anywhere.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 01-22-2020 at 01:22 AM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yep!! Art hasnít figured out a lot of things yet so we will just be one of the teams in the nfl for a while. Itís cool; we are not going anywhere.
    That's just the nature of sports. Teams can't stay on top forever. It could be a rough 2 or 3 years for the team. Especially considering the instability at the QB position.

Things have a way of changing quickly in today's NFL. One good thing is that teams generally have a large majority of roster turnover every 4 or 5 seasons. So we shall see what happens.