Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin -- NOT the Coach of the Year

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin -- NOT the Coach of the Year

I know, I know, he had a lot of bad breaks and some big deficiencies on offense. But when you're in position to lock down a playoff berth, and can't win 1 game in your final 3 (including vs. the Jets), sorry, you're not getting COTY. It really wasn't his fault we didn't make the playoffs, but not sure he did enough this month to help the team.

Hate to say it, but my vote would have to go to Hairbag.

Banned

User Info Menu

Don't forget the Titans coach. But yeah, you've got a point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone who would have picked him over the HCs of SF GB, Baltimore, Buffalo or KC don't know much about the game anyway.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The main difference between Tomlin and John Harbaugh is that in 2018 the Steelers drafted Terrell Edmunds and the Ravens drafts Lamar Jackson.

Legend

User Info Menu

i think mcdermid gets it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    The main difference between Tomlin and John Harbaugh is that in 2018 the Steelers drafted Terrell Edmunds and the Ravens drafts Lamar Jackson.
    Harbaugh maximizes his talent.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steeler would never have drafted Lamar Jackson. Ben was about to throw 5,000 yards prior to that draft. He was well entrenched. Never in a million years would they have done what Baltimore did to Flacco.

I am sorry it's a fools paradise to believe that he was even on our draft boards (ever).

Perhaps that is why Harbaugh > Tomlin. (emphasis on PERHAPS)

Brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    The Steeler would never have drafted Lamar Jackson. Ben was about to throw 5,000 yards prior to that draft. He was well entrenched. Never in a million years would they have done what Baltimore did to Flacco.

I am sorry it's a fools paradise to believe that he was even on our draft boards (ever).

Brothervad
    I agree that the Steelers probably did not have LJ on their board but damn, Terrell Edmunds was being projected as a third round talent and he’s played like it while Jackson is grabbing an MVP award.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post

Brothervad
    Jackson shouldn't have been on their list.
    Other positions were much bigger priorities.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Jackson shouldn't have been on their list.
    Other positions were much bigger priorities.
    I agree with this statement, I also agree with The Man of Steel assessment that Edmunds was a reach.

But as I have been chastisted in another thread, Mr. Colbert is a fricken genius and we can't part with him. Baltimore looks loaded to me not just at QB.

Brothervad