Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger 'Has Some Doubt' He'll Play Again Post-Injury

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think Rosen is damaged goods but if he’s available why not give him a shot?

This will be his 3rd team in 3 years tho.. something isn’t clicking with that guy.

His college coach said he doesn’t buy in and is hard to coach.
    He said all of the right things when he was leaving the cards... maybe he matures from the college days and takes the next step

Legend

User Info Menu

If it's not Ben next year, it's Mason and Duck. No cap space.

Would Ben retiring pull his entire cap hit into next year? If so, we ask him not to officially retire because it would totally screw our cap

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

Would Ben retiring pull his entire cap hit into next year? If so, we ask him not to officially retire because it would totally screw our cap
    id love to know the answer to that as well... Id have to think retirement changes things completely

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

Retirements are the same cap wise as cuts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beh...the-salary-cap

Pre June 1, all bonuses pulled into that year.

Post June 1, current bonuses in current year rest of bonuses the next year.

I think the cap structure of Ben's deal meant we couldn't really cut him this off season, but could the year after (but he'd still count $20+ M or something.

I think he's on the roster next year for sure... Even if he can't really play. And that means I don't think we can afford a new QB.

But Omar obviously knows more than I do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    He said all of the right things when he was leaving the cards... maybe he matures from the college days and takes the next step
    Didn’t he get outplayed by Ryan Fitzpatrick in Miami?

I didn’t think he was that good in college either.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t give him a shot if he was available but I prefer a vet to see if we can do something while we have this defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben's cap hit sticks either way.. then signing him PRIOR to the start of the season was easily the dumbest move weve made in the last several years.

Banned

User Info Menu

Send the dolphins a late round pick for Fitz magic as a stop gap. Lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Still think Rudolph has plenty of upside.
    Get him a QB coach and some reps.
    Think about moving Pouncey to guard, sign Finney, let Foster go and get a TE that is actually worth a dam that can stay on the field.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    if Bridgewater was available.. id jump all over that. That kid is a winner
    I agree. We should have snatched him up when he came back.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cutting Ben, Pouncey, Foster, and Barron would free up ~23M (and leave lots of dead cap space, but hey, gotta get out of cap hell some how)

They could go after Tannehill (32 y o.) as a stop gap, or throw a bunch of $$ at Bridgewater (27 y.o.) as our next qb and try to get 5-10 years out of him

I think I'd do it