Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Game on Tomlin?

Legend

User Info Menu

Is This Game on Tomlin?

Are we coaching and playing to the level of competition? Is there any other reason we should have lost to the Jets when this was effectively a playoff game?

Tomlin effectively loses another playoff game. We win when the games donít count.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really? You can’t think of any other reason we lost? It had to be Tomlin?

I’m sorry but that’s just ludicrous.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Really? You can’t think of any other reason we lost? It had to be Tomlin?

I’m sorry but that’s just ludicrous.
    The standard is the standard, after all.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It’s a motto, which doesn’t make it true. Backups just aren’t as good as starters.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? You canít think of any other reason we lost? It had to be Tomlin?

Iím sorry but thatís just ludicrous.
    So Tomlin gets credit for playoff wins and the players get blame for must win losses?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, right. LOL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It’s a motto, which doesn’t make it true. Backups just aren’t as good as starters.
    I agree with you on this. Which is why I wish Tomlin would have never uttered this phrase to begin with. It's a very dumb motto.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    So Tomlin gets credit for playoff wins and the players get blame for must win losses?
    No

Players get credit for wins and losses.

You can't win in the NFL with terrible QBs.

We have a **** show of an offense and we don't win when we don't score on another phase.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Are we coaching and playing to the level of competition? Is there any other reason we should have lost to the Jets when this was effectively a playoff game?

Tomlin effectively loses another playoff game. We win when the games donít count.
    You are too smart to believe something that ridiculous

Lose our starting RB. Two inexperienced QBs. A WR group that is 50% practice squad players. But it is Tomlin's fault.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky View Post
    I agree with you on this. Which is why I wish Tomlin would have never uttered this phrase to begin with. It's a very dumb motto.
    You must not watch much professional sports. There are more idiotic slogans, especially in football, than you find in your average special ed class. Tomlin isn't even near the bottom of the list of purveyors of stupid phrases, and at least he invents his own for the most part.