Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is all the duck peeps

Backup

User Info Menu

Where is all the duck peeps

Why no Duck threads? I was all in on Mason and stood up for him until he sat. Then I was hopeful but not sold on the Duck just glad for a win. Let's be fair the Duck sucked and lost that game for us. Yes, I'm no fan of some of the play calls but dang he was bad. I say play him next week against the Jets then evaluate the two QB's for the last and maybe the most important game this year. Zeez when can we put it all together. If Ben was playing with this defense we would be dangerous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben was also known as "Bad Ben" at various points throughout his career... yea.. Duck had a bad game... but he had tons of help.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really don't see DUCK getting the Steelers past the Wild Card Round - He's just limited in how well he sees the field and his arm strength is average at best - although he has great timing on some throws but those type of throws don't come often.
    RUDOLPH has by far the better upside - his downturn was a 4 INT game on a short week, on the road.
    DUCK'S was a 4 INT game at home on a regular week.

DUCK is a great story and I think he has a future in the NFL but if we're talking getting past the Wild Card Round I think RUDOLPH is the better option.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I really don't see DUCK getting the Steelers past the Wild Card Round - He's just limited in how well he sees the field and his arm strength is average at best - although he has great timing on some throws but those type of throws don't come often.
    RUDOLPH has by far the better upside - his downturn was a 4 INT game on a short week, on the road.
    DUCK'S was a 4 INT game at home on a regular week.

DUCK is a great story and I think he has a future in the NFL but if we're talking getting past the Wild Card Round I think RUDOLPH is the better option.
    Agree except...Ducks arm strength is actually rated higher than Masons ( They have a velocity type system to gauge it somehow ) I read...But anyhow, It LOOKS like they both DON'T have it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Duck is what he is. He was the right "curve ball" that gave the team and fans a jolt of excitement. However did anyone really think he was taking us to the Super Bowl? Only our defense could do that

What we saw last night was expected. The more teams got tape on the Duck the more he was going to be exposed.

Last night is over, and now just get focused on the Jets

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben is not the topic , Duck is. Ben has Superbowls and will be in the Hall of Fame. My point is people were going ballistic over Mason and was all in on Duck because he played while the team beat some bad teams. Duck's arm is awful. All 4 of the int's were floated and some where badly placed. He alone lost us that game. Not bad play calls, dropped pass's or the defense. This one is on him. He is a undrafted rookie, he should be bad. My point is not against him, it's against all the people that were on Mason and going nuts for Duck. Mason has the better chance of becoming at least a NFL backup. He has better tools he has learned a lot and will be better for it. Duck has had he 5 min and will never become NFL caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Ben was also known as "Bad Ben" at various points throughout his career... yea.. Duck had a bad game... but he had tons of help.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Duck is what he is. He was the right "curve ball" that gave the team and fans a jolt of excitement. However did anyone really think he was taking us to the Super Bowl? Only our defense could do that

What we saw last night was expected. The more teams got tape on the Duck the more he was going to be exposed.

Last night is over, and now just get focused on the Jets
    Yep, move on. I’d be thrilled if the Steelers managed a playoff birth considering everything this team has been through over the last 12 months. I don’t care if they’re one and done...just get in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    Ben is not the topic , Duck is. Ben has Superbowls and will be in the Hall of Fame. My point is people were going ballistic over Mason and was all in on Duck because he played while the team beat some bad teams. Duck's arm is awful. All 4 of the int's were floated and some where badly placed. He alone lost us that game. Not bad play calls, dropped pass's or the defense. This one is on him. He is a undrafted rookie, he should be bad. My point is not against him, it's against all the people that were on Mason and going nuts for Duck. Mason has the better chance of becoming at least a NFL backup. He has better tools he has learned a lot and will be better for it. Duck has had he 5 min and will never become NFL caliber.
    unless he called the Wildcat play at the end of the 2nd.. ill have to disagree (he alone cost us the game)..

Backup

User Info Menu

Steelers have given us all one thing this year. They have been able to keep our attention and remain relevant to the playoff chase. It's looking more likely they wont make it in but I for one am pleased with the effort this year and the coaching staff (choke saying that). We did get to evaluate several things. Life without Ben is not good. We most likely now know we do not have his replacement. Life without AB. JuJu needs quality help on the other side. He does not draw the defense to him like AB did. We need a great slot receiver. Conner is good but can't stay on the field. Snell may be the long term answer. Watt and Dupree are a awesome pair, one without the other may look much different. We need to keep Dupree. We are stable at the kicking position once again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Duck was awful last night and may be nothing but a career backup but this team is screwed if they have to go with Rudolph as the starter. He's not good and was not showing any improvement as the season progressed. In 9 games he threw for over 250 yards (251) only once. 5 out of 9 were under 200 yards. 61.6% completion rate. 9 interceptions and 4 fumbles.