Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steeler Nation or Steelers Nation?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steeler Nation or Steelers Nation?

Just curious if hearing "Steelers Nation" gives you the doosh chills like it does to me? Its "Steeler Nation", damn it!!

Right???

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Just curious if hearing "Steelers Nation" gives you the doosh chills like it does to me? Its "Steeler Nation", damn it!!

Right???
    Ive heard both. I think you are generally right, but even the Steelers call it Steelers Nation Radio. So the official team uses an S sometimes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its steeler nation in my mind. Were a collective juggernaut that takes over opposing stadiums. Adding the S implies we belong to the team. No siree! We dont belong to them, they dont belong to us. Were in this together - helping each other on to victory! Go Steelers!!

Go STEELER NATION!!!!!

Wooooo!!!!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post

Right???
    Well, the name of the team is the Pittsburgh Steelers not the Pittsburgh Steeler, so I'm fine with Steelers Nation.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

2.49 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    3.102 - Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    4.124 - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
    4.135 - Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette
    6.198 - Antoine Brooks Jr, S, Maryland
    7.232 - Carlos Davis, DL, Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers Nation is probably correct, but Steeler Nation sounds better.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Steelers Nation is probably correct, but Steeler Nation sounds better.
    yup, totally agree.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

I always say Steeler Nation. But I think adding the "s" is technically correct because the team is called the Steelers.

But is sounds worse with the "s" IMO
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I generally only heard Steeler Nation until the Steelers Nation Unite thing started up. I guess either one works. But I'll stick to Steeler Nation

The only other "Nation" I'll acknowledge is Raider Nation. These days everything has a Nation. And I've never heard Raiders Nation used by anyone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Its steeler nation in my mind. Were a collective juggernaut that takes over opposing stadiums. Adding the S implies we belong to the team. No siree! We dont belong to them, they dont belong to us. Were in this together - helping each other on to victory! Go Steelers!!

Go STEELER NATION!!!!!

Wooooo!!!!
    Adding the s would only imply belonging if there was an apostrophe before it.

The s without the apostrophe means that were referring to a group. The team is made up of a bunch of Steelers not one Steeler.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Adding the s would only imply belonging if there was an apostrophe before it.

The s without the apostrophe means that were referring to a group. The team is made up of a bunch of Steelers not one Steeler.
    But we are ONE STEELER NATION - saw that on a t-shirt or bumper sticker