Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: offense vs Bills

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

offense vs Bills

This game is HUGE!

We are finally going to get 2 pro bowlers back in Conner and Juju. Maybe this is the 1 st time all season we are healthy. ( I know Jaylen and Vanimal) might be out.)

So how would you go out and attack this good Bills offense?

I wonder if we will have more 2 back sets, Conner as decoy or pass protector, and his role as a runner.

Will Juju primarily play in the slot? Are we going to be playing 3 WR sets?

Do we actually use a TE or just have Banner lined up as a TE?

Designated runs for the Duck?

As you guys can tell, I am getting pumped up about our offense!!! ( I haven't said that since maybe AB)

I think in reality it is going to be a great game and challenge for us. We are actually playing a team with a good D so have something to actually gage the impact of duck. Hopefully we should see more strides by the offense to compliment this superbowl caliber D.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope we have zero running plays for Duck.

... except if it’s a QB sneak or a naked bootleg at the GL

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you spread out the D with 3 and 4 WR sets and you get Conner getting about 20-25 touches assuming heís healthy.

Iíd try to get him about 5-10 passes too.

The good with Juju being out is you move him around and get him mismatches in the slot. Duck can get him passes that he can catch and run with in stride. Getting him a lot of targets in the middle of the field will open up oops for the running game and for the WRs on the outside.

This O can be fine and even turn into a strength because Duck is showing good timing and the ability to push the ball downfield. I think weíre a couple weeks away from a more open O.

i think we might be able to have a playoff run that this O shifts to a pass heavy approach. Not a lot of plays to go off yet, but Duck has an 8.5 YPA. Thatís the indicator of things to come.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

35 touches for Conner?

You trying to kill him?

Backup

User Info Menu

This may sound crazy considering they weren't even on the roster just a few weeks ago, but I have really enjoyed watching Cain & Whyte. I love Cain's ability to battle for balls and Whyte's quickness looks great. I'm hoping even with Conner & JuJu potentially returning that we can keep these two in the mix.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Juju left practice and reports saying he may be doubtful lol stick with cain!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    This may sound crazy considering they weren't even on the roster just a few weeks ago, but I have really enjoyed watching Cain & Whyte. I love Cain's ability to battle for balls and Whyte's quickness looks great. I'm hoping even with Conner & JuJu potentially returning that we can keep these two in the mix.
    I really like Whyte as a change of pace RB. Awesome pick up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    absolutely. White gives us a variation that we have failed to obtain with past picks (cant think of the names off hand). One was from Miami i think and the other a MAC school. Anyways.. Cain is another intriquing add.. great size/speed guy that can actually finish plays..
    I honestly look at these guys the same as 2 added draft picks that have the potential of being really solid in the future. Great pick ups by the FO

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesnt help having Banner in as a TE when the penetration comes from between the tackles..
    I like the idea of spreading the Bills out with a single HB in the backfield
    TE's are a play action QBs best friend but we dont seem to have one these last few weeks
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum....Unfortunately they can't help themselves

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    35 touches for Conner?

You trying to kill him?
    I was thinking 20-25 touches included 5-10 receptions. So that would mean about 15 carries.

Im not trying to put him on IR. Lol.