Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank the XFL ...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thank the XFL ...

... or we'd probably have Landry Jones at QB right now instead of Duck.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/12/re...ger-to-injury/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    ... or we'd probably have Landry Jones at QB right now instead of Duck.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/12/re...ger-to-injury/
    Shows how much faith we had in Rudolph and his “first round grade”

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Yeah, they knew Rudolph wasn't ready to be a starter.

Legend

User Info Menu

This makes sense. Jones was the logical choice to bring in after Ben got hurt.

Knows the system and showed himself to be an average to above average back up QB.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow. That was close.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Signing Landry Jones would have meant no Paxton Lynch and Duck Hodges on the practice squad instead. I’m thinking that the Steelers would be 5-8 right now had that scenario played itself out and we’d never get to experience all of the fun associated with Duckmania.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Signing Landry Jones would have meant no Paxton Lynch and Duck Hodges on the practice squad instead. I’m thinking that the Steelers would be 5-8 right now had that scenario played itself out and we’d never get to experience all of the fun associated with Duckmania.
    Really? I think Landry was much better than Rudolph and with this defense we might be the same or even one game better.

Landry usually played decent enough to win the annual Browns rest up game at the end of seasons.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yet Tomlin cut Hodges and keeping Rudolph and Dobbs?
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Yet Tomlin cut Hodges and keeping Rudolph and Dobbs?
    Allowed us to get value from Dobbs. Cut Dobbs and he gets snapped up with no compensation.

Hodges had no value at the time and the fact that nobody stole him confirms that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? I think Landry was much better than Rudolph and with this defense we might be the same or even one game better.

Landry usually played decent enough to win the annual Browns rest up game at the end of seasons.
    I think we still would have went with MR first. I bet LJ wins with 49ers game if he was starting, but I think he would have been the back up.

Maybe we would have moved to him earlier than we moved to Duck? If so, maybe we win the 1st Cle game.

I bet we're in about the same place with LJ. We mostly win because we get points from the D (and now ST too)
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158