Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Lamar Jackson Quad injury

  1. #1
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Lamar Jackson Quad injury

    Hopefully they lose out..


    "This is not something Ravens fans want to hear.Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was limited in Mondayís practice with a quad injury he reportedly suffered in the game against the Buffalo Bills.
    Jackson didnít participate in any drills during the media-viewing portion and he was said to have entered the indoor fieldhouse when reporters were leaving, walking with a slight hitch."


    https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/12/09/report-lamar-jackson-suffered-quad-injury-against-the-bills-rgiii-takes-all-reps-in-practice/?fbclid=IwAR0w8a9W6AxfytgrsKzBrQNS1yK9JhZMqlgsO3Ca 7vc_puqmoqeO3H8irSc
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Hopefully they lose out..


    "This is not something Ravens fans want to hear.Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was limited in Monday’s practice with a quad injury he reportedly suffered in the game against the Buffalo Bills.
    Jackson didn’t participate in any drills during the media-viewing portion and he was said to have entered the indoor fieldhouse when reporters were leaving, walking with a slight hitch."


    https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/12/09/report-lamar-jackson-suffered-quad-injury-against-the-bills-rgiii-takes-all-reps-in-practice/?fbclid=IwAR0w8a9W6AxfytgrsKzBrQNS1yK9JhZMqlgsO3Ca 7vc_puqmoqeO3H8irSc
    I doubt this is that serious - but leg injuries (in my opinion) are the reason running QB's don't have long careers and pretty much have failed to win Lombardi's. There's a difference between a mobile QB who can make plays with his legs when needed - as opposed to the designed option plays and keepers the rats have incorporated into their game plan. purposely subjecting your QB to extra hits, especially as a running back, seems to me to carry an extremely high risk. I think LJ's scrambling ability combined with his passing ability are already enough to give a defense fits. I would want to minimize his hits at all cost.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I doubt this is that serious - but leg injuries (in my opinion) are the reason running QB's don't have long careers and pretty much have failed to win Lombardi's. There's a difference between a mobile QB who can make plays with his legs when needed - as opposed to the designed option plays and keepers the rats have incorporated into their game plan. purposely subjecting your QB to extra hits, especially as a running back, seems to me to carry an extremely high risk. I think LJ's scrambling ability combined with his passing ability are already enough to give a defense fits. I would want to minimize his hits at all cost.
    They may not need him against the jets.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    They may not need him against the jets.
    I think I would sit him and let the backup get some live action reps. The Ravens defense can win this game for them.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -
    7.210

  5. #5
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    You never know...Quad injuries can be tricky...I remember Kawai Leonard being out an entire year, Without it even being torn...Not saying it's near that bad but...He COULD be out a few weeks, or MORE

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    You never know...Quad injuries can be tricky...I remember Kawai Leonard being out an entire year, Without it even being torn...Not saying it's near that bad but...He COULD be out a few weeks, or MORE
    I think KL chose to sit out much longer than needed.

    He also plays a game where you run for 48 minutes and play 4 to 5 games a week.

    They will give LJ a shot or just rest him all week before the game.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I doubt this is that serious - but leg injuries (in my opinion) are the reason running QB's don't have long careers and pretty much have failed to win Lombardi's. There's a difference between a mobile QB who can make plays with his legs when needed - as opposed to the designed option plays and keepers the rats have incorporated into their game plan. purposely subjecting your QB to extra hits, especially as a running back, seems to me to carry an extremely high risk. I think LJ's scrambling ability combined with his passing ability are already enough to give a defense fits. I would want to minimize his hits at all cost.
    Yep. A running QB should be viewed same as a RB. And we know the injury rate on that position. .... just waiting to happen.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yep. A running QB should be viewed same as a RB. And we know the injury rate on that position. .... just waiting to happen.
    I've been telling you just be patient. It's just a matter of time during a season that when you have a QB acting like a runningback, he'll get those type of injuries as well. If their smart, they rest him this week. But if they keep letting him play, he'll never make it to the end of the playoffs like people keep thinking because as they play better and better teams with better and better defenses, they will be laying the lumber to his legs on the regular.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    LJ is probably going to get rest for 2 weeks once they have the number 1 seed locked up.

    Not sure why people need patience.

    Winning a SB is hard. Dude has shown he can pass the ball. I think he leads thee league in TD passes right now.

    He’s already proven his detractors wrong. It’s over. Let it go.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 12-10-2019 at 05:09 PM.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    LK is probably going to get rest for 2 weeks once they have the number 1 seed locked up.

    Not sure why people need patience.

    Winning a SB is hard. Dude has shown he can pass the ball. I think he leads thee league in TD passes right now.

    He’s already proven his detractors wrong. It’s over. Let it go.
    It's clear he can pass and pass well. He's a phenomenal athlete all around. The issue that people are bringing up, and I tend to agree, is that if they keep running him like this, an injury is bound to happen that severely limits that part of his game. And then we'll see if his passing is really up to par when the defense doesn't have to worry about his run game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •