Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boswell

Legend

User Info Menu

Boswell

been money.... what a difference a year makes. Last season 38th ranked FG percentage (65%).

Fast forward one year, 7th in the NFL (92.9%).... recall some people wanted to cut him at one point last season (though his cap hit probably wouldn't allow it). He has returned to norm as a top 10 kicker. Just what the Steelers will need going into the last games of the season (ask SF the value of a money kicker).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    been money.... what a difference a year makes. Last season 38th ranked FG percentage (65%).

Fast forward one year, 7th in the NFL (92.9%).... recall some people wanted to cut him at one point last season (though his cap hit probably wouldn't allow it). He has returned to norm as a top 10 kicker. Just what the Steelers will need going into the last games of the season (ask SF the value of a money kicker).

That's weird that he has missed 7.1% of his kicks. I can't remember a kick that I expected him to make that he missed. I wonder what distances the misses were from?

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's weird that he has missed 7.1% of his kicks. I can't remember a kick that I expected him to make that he missed. I wonder what distances the misses were from?

Pappy
    I can only remember him missing 1 kick this year... the first cleveland game.

With this defense, keeping us in close games, he is going to be big in those games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Perfect on XPs, 26 of 28 on FGs for the year ... missed from 54 vs. Miami and from 44 in the loss to Cleveland.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Perfect on XPs, 26 of 28 on FGs for the year ... missed from 54 vs. Miami and from 44 in the loss to Cleveland.
    Thank you, so he's missed one FG that you would think he would make and one that if he makes it you think you've hit the lottery. Lets hope the offense can get inside the 37 yard line before we need Boswell.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

If memory serves, one of the misses was because of a bad snap/hold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505 View Post
    If memory serves, one of the misses was because of a bad snap/hold.
    I think that was on the 44-yarder.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe a few wanted him cut - but most were just confused as to why the large drop off in production. Maybe it was a nagging injury. Glad to see he turned it around.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

another example of quality work by the FO and coaching staff

it felt like they brought in some minor competition but it always seemed to me bos was their guy. they knew what they had seen in the past wasn't a fluke and didn't panic and make a knee-jerk reaction. looking around at kickers this year, that move looks extremely wise

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Last yr was 1 messed up yr.
    If BOZ was the BOZ we know the Steelers would have won the division. Perhaps winning would have kept AB quiet.
    Now BOZ is back and our offense is Brister'esque. However the future looks bright for BEN's final 2 seasons.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!