Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ post game thoughts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AZ post game thoughts

1) anyone surprised that it was a "home game"?

2) The Duck is fitting in nicely... I like how tomlin described him with his reference to his one play ( rolling left and passing to D.J). He described him like he plays aggresive yet prudent. I am not hating Mason, but he moves in the pocket, feels the heat, and puts the ball where receiver makes the catch and play after.

3) Am I dreaming, are our skilled players actually stepping up and performing. Are we deep now at RB... Connner, Snell, Jamaal, and Whytt? I might of jinxed us if, Jammal is out with his hamstring pull, and Conner still sitting out. Are our WR actually 2 times better than the start of the season... Juju, Washington, DJ, Cain and that practice player Taylor vs Juju, Moncrief, Washinton, Switzer, DJ. and Holden! We might not have to draft a RB/ WR early next year. ( is it finally the year of drafting a TE early?)

4) I was falling loving the play calls of Fitchner until the final drive. They need to be more focus, and remember that they have rookie QBs in, and not take that option of passing. Should of ran in no matter what the defense was giving. Those 30 seconds could of cam back to haunt us. Patients grasshoper I tell myself, he is still learning and he is still learning what to do with his patch work play makers and QBs. Hopefully in the future we start playing with 2 RB lined up the backfield. We are getting to predicable on play calls on who is back there, Jamaal on passing plays ( he is the only one right now that have confidence in pass protection), Whytt off tackle.. and Snell just power.

5)Loving Tomlin this year, but he is still doing his brain farts controlling the clock with timeouts and plays to kill the clock. Won't point blame on that fake punt on him, although he took the blame, it wasnt necessary on him. That play was in all week if they see AZ in that formartion, it was just no one told the punter not to do it! laughing at this as I type this... He is an Austraian still learning the game and not questioning the call.

6) Oh my that D... It is a thing of beauty! I will say it again, this defense is superbowl caliber. IF, that is a big IF, the offense contiues to grow and complimet this D, we might just be superbowl bound wth this defense. ( maybe I a getting ahead of myself) . It breaks my heart thinking that we might lose Dupre, Hargreaves, and Hilton. Dupree is a must resign now, Hargraeve makes a strong case to release Tuitt.

7) Welcome back Pouncey! OL looked great.

Fitz, that dude is always in position! That tackle and read on Murray was amazing.

9) Great game Rookie 18...what a way to bounce back from his worst game.

10) The AFC leaders (NE, Houston, KC, Bmore) are starting to not look so scary.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I agree with pretty much all of your points, except about releasing Tuitt. Sure he can't stay healthy, but **** he's a monster when on the field. Imagine how strong the D would be with his added interior pressure right now?

Anyway- Cam and Alu are getting up there in age and Hargraves is a much more natural 4-3 DT- so I don't see him resigning. Hence, you have to keep Tuitt, until you have a legit replacement, imo.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers fans taking over State Farm Stadium was a beautiful thing to watch. I’m thinking we can maybe do it again when we play at the Jets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Steelers fans taking over State Farm Stadium was a beautiful thing to watch. I’m thinking we can maybe do it again when we play at the Jets.
    Cardinals stadium became Steelers west. hehehe
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did AZ discover an antidote to the Steelers defense? will teams copy it? I am referring to the no huddle/hurry up. The D was literally sucking wind by the half and looked gassed in the 3rd quarter. Have to wonder if teams will copy to try to neutralize the pass rush?

Legend

User Info Menu

Our defense is ferocious
    Our Oline needs to step up in both the run game and pass protection
    Kick return is horrendous
    Haden is still awesome
    Edmonds is no ball hawk
    Pouncey tried to blow the game with his terrrible snaps
    D.Johnson is electric returning punts and as a receiver
    McDonald might as well retire
    Watt and Bud are really fast
    Boswell is $$$$
    Duck made plays with his feet in some big spots
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Our defense is ferocious
    Our Oline needs to step up in both the run game and pass protection
    Kick return is horrendous
    Haden is still awesome
    Edmonds is no ball hawk
    Pouncey tried to blow the game with his terrrible snaps
    D.Johnson is electric returning punts and as a receiver
    McDonald might as well retire
    Watt and Bud are really fast
    Boswell is $$$$
    Duck made plays with his feet in some big spots
    Nice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who is Jamaal?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Who is Jamaal?
    Has to be Jaylen Samuels.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know how everyone kind of laughs off how mid-season FA signings are going to make a "huge" deal but extensive kudos to the scouts/front office for bringing in Cain and Whyte. Both have been players and solid contributors.

Also, seeing the potential in Zach Banner and signing him back in August for the Jumbo package!