Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I believe.

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I believe.

    Duck has made me a believer. Why canít we make a run?

    Dude is nice.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I shalieve.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Duck has made me a believer. Why canít we make a run?

    Dude is nice.
    I agree. The game isnít too big for him. His confidence is infectious.

    what a wonderful story the whole team would be, if we made some noise in the playoffs.

    i think theyíre all starting to believe.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    As Duck has taken on more of the playbook and received more reps he has shown improvement, unlike Rudolph who only seemed to get worse. Also they say Rudolph is supposed to have the stronger arm but just watching them both on t.v. it looks like Duck throws the better ball.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    As Duck has taken on more of the playbook and received more reps he has shown improvement, unlike Rudolph who only seemed to get worse. Also they say Rudolph is supposed to have the stronger arm but just watching them both on t.v. it looks like Duck throws the better ball.
    i said that in another thread... it looks to me like Duck throws a very catchable ball. Guy is just super smooth.

    and you can't really ask any more from him than what he has produced.. given the situation. Would love to see him with Conner and Juju back in the mix.

    Ive seen no reason this guy cant be our next QB

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    i said that in another thread... it looks to me like Duck throws a very catchable ball. Guy is just super smooth.

    and you can't really ask any more from him than what he has produced.. given the situation. Would love to see him with Conner and Juju back in the mix.

    Ive seen no reason this guy cant be our next QB
    I'm excited for JuJu to come back but a lot less excited for Conner to come back. Benny Snell minus the fumble has been excellent at running the ball in between the tackles and in short yardage, he really helps the offense by keeping it on schedule with his positive gains.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I'm excited for JuJu to come back but a lot less excited for Conner to come back. Benny Snell minus the fumble has been excellent at running the ball in between the tackles and in short yardage, he really helps the offense by keeping it on schedule with his positive gains.
    Not denying Snell has been solid.. really like what im seeing out of him. When you get an opportunity to plug in a pro bowl caliber talent (especially in this offense) you do it. Snell should still get considerable touches (Im a RB by commitee guy).

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Really like what Tomlin has done with the rookies. They talked about how he has managed their snaps up to now so that they could avoid 'the wall' in coming weeks. Maybe this isn't unusual, but it is smart coaching.

  9. #9
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    I too. The proof the coaches trust him was the last drive. All of us were expecting three runs for eat the clock, and the call a pass on second down. A mistake in my opinion
    Steeler Nation in Spain

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Duck has made me a believer. Why can’t we make a run?

    Dude is nice.
    I like Duck too.

    But, I think perspective is important.

    Arizona is the worst team in the league at pass defense (294.2 YPG). They are also the worst at total yards per game (414.7), and 3rd worst at PPG (28..

    Duck had a pretty good game, but it's not like he lit them up. They were much better than their average for passing yards and points. We did run on them more than they usually give up.

    I think Duck looks confident and hadn't made too many bad to terrible decisions. He certainly benefits from coming in for Rudolph who didn't really seem to be able to do much.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •