Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: This Has Turned Into ...

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Did you hear Tomlin after the game being asked about Haden? He mentioned Nelson as well. Said something along the lines of Haden having a great game so he is who we talk about now but both corners are "low maintenance veterans". Quite a bit different than the 2018 drama.
    I donít remember any drama with our secondary last year. They just werenít any good.

    Finding proven players in trades and FA is the way to go when it comes to our secondary. Anything else is just asking for trouble.

    Iím glad we finally figured that out.

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The fun part for me is not knowing who is gonna show up big on any given weekend. When a team has stars you pretty much know who will shine. The Steelers offense is truly a democracy. And I bet Tomlin has intentionally made it that way after the AB, LB fiasco.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I don’t remember any drama with our secondary last year. They just weren’t any good.

    Finding proven players in trades and FA is the way to go when it comes to our secondary. Anything else is just asking for trouble.

    I’m glad we finally figured that out.
    I think the opportunity for deals as good as the Fitz trade only come around once in a generation.

    Nobody should give up potentially elite players with so many cheap 1st contract years left. It's an absolutely ridiculous way to run a franchise.

    Glad that Colbert and company didn't have the same gut reaction to this opportunity that I did. That's why they get paid the big bucks.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The fun part for me is not knowing who is gonna show up big on any given weekend. When a team has stars you pretty much know who will shine. The Steelers offense is truly a democracy. And I bet Tomlin has intentionally made it that way after the AB, LB fiasco.
    Huh? I’m pretty sure Tomlin wanted Conner to be the number 1, JuJu to be the number 1 and Rudolph to be our starting QB.

    Injuries and Rudolph stinking it up wasn’t the plan. I seriously doubt Tomlin wanted this but definitely has these players ready to fill in.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Huh? I’m pretty sure Tomlin wanted Conner to be the number 1, JuJu to be the number 1 and Rudolph to be our starting QB.

    Injuries and Rudolph stinking it up wasn’t the plan. I seriously doubt Tomlin wanted this but definitely has these players ready to fill in.
    And I'm quite thankful that Tomlin noticed Duck in camp. He went out of his way to praise what he saw in Duck during camp.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    And I'm quite thankful that Tomlin noticed Duck in camp. He went out of his way to praise what he saw in Duck during camp.
    Real talk.. there were Duck supporters on here who said he was the best QB in camp.

    it sure looks like he probably was better than Rudolph and Dobbs.

    I’m a true democracy we would’ve started him day one.

    NFL definitely has a cast system when it comes to draft order which sucks.

    Just glad it all worked out.

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Huh? I’m pretty sure Tomlin wanted Conner to be the number 1, JuJu to be the number 1 and Rudolph to be our starting QB.

    Injuries and Rudolph stinking it up wasn’t the plan. I seriously doubt Tomlin wanted this but definitely has these players ready to fill in.
    Maybe. But Conner was injured too often to know how Tomlin was going to manage his carries. He may have been planning a 3 back offense around Conner, Snell, Samuels.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    What is telling is that Tomlin was willing to bench a multi million dollar QB in favor of an undrafted rookie. Tells me Tomlin values winning over $$.

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I will say Im pleasantly surprised at what we have accomplished so far, and with all the injuries and drama queen's from last year....could we win out? I think this Sunday will Tell us a whole lot more on my question.... go Steelers...

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    What is telling is that Tomlin was willing to bench a multi million dollar QB in favor of an undrafted rookie. Tells me Tomlin values winning over $$.
    who, Rudolph? he's getting paid less than a $1 million/yr on his rookie contract...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •