Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Has Turned Into ...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This Has Turned Into ...

... a really FUN season.

Who knows what we'll do from here, but this team has greatly exceeded what I expected out of them when Ben went down to injury. So exciting to have a D that can get turnovers and make some critical stops. And it's great to see the youngsters on offense gelling into an efficient machine.

Kudos all around to players and coaches and F.O. personnel.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It has. Fun to ride along, after the humiliating blowout in NE. I really thought this was a 6-10 team WITH Roethlisberger, and here we are. I can't believe the defense, and couldn't have been more wrong about them at the beginning of the year. The offense still needs a LOT of help, but it's nice to see a hodge-podge bunch of no names and rookies starting to make things happen. Pretty remarkable when you think our top guys today were Duck, Snell and Johnson. Who?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Love this post Buzz. I literally just told Mrs. Ghost this has been a crazy but fun season!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Winning is better than losing. Even if the results in the playoffs don't play out as expected. I tried to make this point to some people but they only care about winning the Superbowl.

Legend

User Info Menu

too bad we didn't fire Tomlin when we were 1-4, I'm sure the new coach would have gone 8-0 since then instead of only 7-1.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said it earlier in the year. we always start with such high expectations, then the disaster of sept essentially had most of us writing off the remainder of the year. the pressure was off. january was out of the question so we could all just relax and enjoy the games without the stress of playoffs. it's made the year a heckuva lot of fun.

but now that we're looking good - time to break out the maalox.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

i was just thinking that this morning.. this has been the most enjoyable season ive had watching these guys in the past decade.... and the success is all the more satisfying because the cancer has been removed from this team... the cancer (AB, Bell) is finding out that they WERE NOT bigger than this team.....and, ultimately...tomlin appears to be in control again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    too bad we didn't fire Tomlin when we were 1-4, I'm sure the new coach would have gone 8-0 since then instead of only 7-1.
    Haha. Yeah... remember those days?

While this D is fun to watch this hasn’t been an enjoyable year overall.

I definitely enjoy where we are right now but the journey here was damn near unwatchable at times.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great call.

I pretty much wrote us off after game two.

It's so fun to be exceeding expectations. I don't even think I'll be too upset if we don't make the playoffs.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Great call.

I pretty much wrote us off after game two.

It's so fun to be exceeding expectations. I don't even think I'll be too upset if we don't make the playoffs.
    As long as we keep playing this hard I won’t be upset if we miss the playoffs..

Well, I won’t be THAT upset... lol.

It’s pretty much a bonus season right now and I have to give the D a ton of credit. Also have to give Duck credit for making our offense look like it belongs in the NFL.