Thread: Unsung Hero

Legend

User Info Menu

Unsung Hero

At the time Stephon Tuitt went down, he was playing at a pro-bowl level. He was easily top 2 or 3 player on the D side of the ball and playing his best football ever as a Steeler. There should have been a huge drop off on the Dline after that point.

In stepped Tyson Alualu. Third year Steeler.

While Alualu has not been as much of a standout as Tuitt was, he has done a great job as a backup. He is rarely mentioned as a game star after each game, but he has done a good job plugging holes, being sound positional football, and not giving up big plays.

We've talked about almost everybody else around here, why not a round of applause for #94.

Legend

User Info Menu

a round of applause for the Hawaii boy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he's been a nice add

always answered the bell when called upon and seems like a high quality person as well

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

making plays. has been a positive addition to the defense as opposed to dragging the unit down. He's acquitted himself very well in my opinion.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Halle-Alualu-jah!

Legend

User Info Menu

Where is Buggs?!?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    At the time Stephon Tuitt went down, he was playing at a pro-bowl level. He was easily top 2 or 3 player on the D side of the ball and playing his best football ever as a Steeler. There should have been a huge drop off on the Dline after that point.

In stepped Tyson Alualu. Third year Steeler.

While Alualu has not been as much of a standout as Tuitt was, he has done a great job as a backup. He is rarely mentioned as a game star after each game, but he has done a good job plugging holes, being sound positional football, and not giving up big plays.

We've talked about almost everybody else around here, why not a round of applause for #94.

I wouldn't call him an "unsung hero", this guy has played well every season he was here, when he was next man up behind Heyward and Tuitt. But he should be recognized for his play.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Where is Buggs?!?
    Buggs has been getting some PT. Representing himself fairly well as a Rook