Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hightest Paid Player in the NFL This Year ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    He becomes our Nick Foles?
    LOL....I was going to say that Jacksonville will sign him to a huge free agent contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What's gonna happen when Duck wins the SuperBowl this year?
    Since, giving up our first round pick for Minkah seems to be a prickly pear for some, maybe we can get a 1st round pick from Cincinnati for Duck after he wins the Super Bowl.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

2.49 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    3.102 - Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    4.124 - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
    4.135 - Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette
    6.198 - Antoine Brooks Jr, S, Maryland
    7.232 - Carlos Davis, DL, Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Since, giving up our first round pick for Minkah seems to be a prickly pear for some, maybe we can get a 1st round pick from Cincinnati for Duck after he wins the Super Bowl.

Pappy
    Hopefully Snyder offers something Colbert can't turn down.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    If Duck wins the Super Bowl why would we trade him for a first round pick. He would be our future franchise HOF QB, Ben's heir apparent. Ben hasnt gotten us to a Super Bowl for ten years now. Duck did it in his first. It took Ben til his second year to get there. Obviously he must be better than Ben if he does this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

awful timing on that injury for all parties involved.

Ben, The FO, the fans

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That would be one, fine, h3ll of a story if Duck won us a 7th ring, Nick-Foles-style. Hoping this game against the Cards keeps the fantasy alive. I don't want to be brought back to reality just yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    LOL....I was going to say that Jacksonville will sign him to a huge free agent contract.
    Some of these mega contracts are biting teams badly. Look at the Rams, Bears, and Cowboys. Those contracts haven't paid off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    All I care about is cap hit.
    He got paid 40 mil, his cap hit is 26 million.
    Cap hit maxes at 35 million next season, but at least he will be playing,

If his play is like last year...I'm ok with it. If his game tanks as often happens around his age it will be brutal.
    i'm hoping for an extension to adjust his cap hit DOWN, allowing for defenders to be retained.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Jamie Newman, QB, UGA
    2. Jabril Cox, ILB, LSU

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i'm hoping for an extension to adjust his cap hit DOWN, allowing for defenders to be retained.
    I think this is pretty much the only way we keep Dupree (but I acknowledge that Kahn knows way more about the cap than I do).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158